Cannot find correct LED Strip lighting.

SawantBhai

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]Hey all. I have had a set of weatherproof 12V LED Strip lights that go under my camp awning on my 4 wheel drive. These strips were about 500mm long and were incredibly bright for their size. The light colour was a perfect white light. My issue is that due to the size of the housing these strips were encased in, I could not permanently attach them to my awning so I could fold the awning up and just leave them attached.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have since spent countless dollars and time ordering and researching trying to find the exact same LEDs that are inside the casing as I just want the strip so I can apoxy them to the cross members of the awning, thus giving me enough clearance to just leave them permanently attached when I pack it up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction and what I am missing in my search for these LED strips.[/FONT]

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
post pic of the strip you have, big and sharp enough to ID your leds

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all. I have had a set of weatherproof 12V LED Strip lights that go under my camp awning on my 4 wheel drive.

This is an awning that folds out from the side of your truck?

These strips were about 500mm long and were incredibly bright for their size. The light colour was a perfect white light.

19" long. Easy. Perfect white. Easy. Did the light have any sort of warmish or coolish tint?

My issue is that due to the size of the housing these strips were encased in, I could not permanently attach them to my awning so I could fold the awning up and just leave them attached.

Do you care if they attach to the frame or the cloth?

I have since spent countless dollars and time ordering and researching trying to find the exact same LEDs that are inside the casing as I just want the strip so I can apoxy them to the cross members of the awning, thus giving me enough clearance to just leave them permanently attached when I pack it up.

You'll need a waterproof strip. Easy.

I am really hoping someone can point me in the right direction and what I am missing in my search for these LED strips.

There are lots of strips that'll work. How much space do they have to fold up into? Is this a 12 volt DC system?