Better UV Flashlight - MT1U or S2+ ?

kultakala

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am looking for a small UV flashlight and after comparing (almost) all of them i have 2 of them left.
The Convoy S2+ UV and the Nitecore MT1U.

They have similar size, both have a Nichia UV LED at 365nm wavelength and 3W input power (900 mW output).
I was also able to find some test photos from one or the other but no direct comparison.

Besides of the price (nitecore is way more expensive) do they have the same UV power, quality and beam ?
Has anyone both of them and could compare them ?

Thanks a lot!

KR

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is to see if there is a Woods Glass (UV pass filter; available for the Convoy S2+) for the Nitecore MT1U.

Many UV fluorescent "organic" materials have a relatively faint visible light glow. Unless you are going to wear "blue blocking" glasses, I would suggest that you get the Woods Glass lens.

The amount of visible light (bluish white) makes the faint organic glow difficult to see. With a UV filter, all the visible light is from the objects themselves.

The S2+ is more of a moderate spot--It is not a flood--Typical LED flashlight reflector.

In my humble opinion.

-Bill

kultakala

Newly Enlightened
Yes, i will order a fitting filter glas when i have the flashlight, i guess the same which fits the S2+ could also fit the MT1U.
If not there are a lot of diameters available.
But which flashlight is better...