Is there anything better than/equal to the SkyRC MC3000 out there now?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve always wanted to try a MC3000 but never had one. I have the Xtar VP4 Dragon the older version and can't really find what the difference is between it and the new plus model but it's served my needs very well

NiMHi

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the MC3000 and then read this thread, haha.

But... so far only promises, no pictures or proof the product will be there (for that price). Would be cool if it did...

delus

Newly Enlightened
I've been watching the development thread with great interest but never bothered to post because it seemed inevitable that...
The BLF charger project has been put on indefinite hold. The feature list always did seem a bit too ambitious. The timeline unrealistic. Would take ten employees a year just to do the product testing. I don't think the manufacturer is eager to put a professional level tool in the hands of the consumer. You know the first thing that would have happened is somebody burns down his house charging 10440's at 2.5 amps. The price is the first thing that keeps the newbies away.

No matter what line of work you are in, the best tools always command premium prices. If you really need it, you'll pay the price.
The MC300 remains king of it's particular niche. You might be able to nit-pick one or two missing features, but the pricing is not insane.

flashflood

Enlightened
It seems not. I've had mine for years and still like it. One simple change I'd really appreciate -- for all chargers, not just this one -- is getting rid of the power brick and taking USB-C PD input.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
There has to be something else out there by now?! Nothing that charges more or larger cells? I would love to see one that can test more cells.

flashflood

Enlightened
There has to be something else out there by now?! Nothing that charges more or larger cells? I would love to see one that can test more cells.
Also, note that protected 21700 cells don't fit. I just picked up the Fenix ARE-D1 for this. It's not nearly as fancy, but I like it. It takes USB power (no stupid power brick), and has a small display that you cycle through with a button click. There are four screens: charging current, cell voltage, amp-hours, and time. And it feels solid, like Fenix products in general.