Replacement lens for HDS EDC 60 Ultimate

bitterman1970

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
Wondering if anyone can help me. My Oooooold faithful, my EDC 60 Ultimate, has, after many, many years of faithful service, suffered from a broken lens. Its still intact and in place, but has a crack straight down the middle. Now, I'm thinking about going for an Executive as an upgrade, but was wondering if the lens's in stock at the moment from HDS will fit the EDC? If so, I may go and order one with the Executive.

Cheers,
Iain

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current glass is thicker so I'm not sure if it will fit, but I will check with Henry on Monday.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
If he HDS doesn't have one. Flashlight Lens dot com might, if not they can cut one to size. They are on vacation until September 13 though.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC 60 Ultimate... suffered from a broken lens.

this post says a Novatac lens fits an EDC:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...Made-it-Home&p=5331628&viewfull=1#post5331628

I installed a lens from a NT SPL-120 for now. ... It started life as a Basic 42 XRGT.

this link confirms the Novatac and the EDC use the same lens size
https://www.flashlightlens.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=display&ref=apps_specs

this is the size of a Novatac Lens 22.61mm x 1.90mm

this is where I have bought lenses for Novatacs in the past
Glass lens is out of stock

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bout sapphire? The new bronze coat... 2.85 I need some more but would that work for the 60 here?

Or an older UCL lens? If it worked I may have one cause I ve got a couple older spares somewhere... they mic'd at 2.85mm for the ucl that I have
Older sapphire were 3.06

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bout sapphire? The new bronze coat... 2.85 I need some more but would that work for the 60 here?

No. The current lenses will NOT work in the NT or or old Ultimates. Henry just said there actually is a difference in diameter... not much but enough to make them not work.

AntoninusPius

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought THIS to replace the cracked plastic lens in a NovaTac 120. I see the dimensions are a bit different from those posted further up, but it has been working great for me.

bitterman1970

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the info, guys. I think I'll wait till flashlightlens are back up and try and get one from them, the seem to have a lens available for the EDC.

Old Faithful, this thing has served me well....you can make out the crack in the lens.
c1a83038fae5b4d897d01baf76c44b48.jpg
c919baaa65eefd2d6034295362ab8a41.jpg

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
Nah, just the bog standard 250 one for now.....quick query for anyone who knows, can you replace the rotary battery tube with a clicky one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's not possible. You would have to send the head in for reprogramming. At this point, the HDS can not differentiate between clicky or rotary interface by changing battery tubes.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, just the bog standard 250 one for now.....quick query for anyone who knows, can you replace the rotary battery tube with a clicky one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Will cost you bout $50 and maybe shipping $15 "I think" to get the head reprogrammed.

Best to keep it a rotary. I ve change a few clickies into rotaries and tacticals but never the other way around