LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I just ordered an LS from Arc. Just how durable is the finish on those? Is it durable enough to carry the light on a keychain (with keys and a Leatherman Micra) and not have the finish scratched off?

Thanks.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i wouldn't worry about the finish...

people have reported arc products eating their keys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened
It should be fine on a keychain, although you may find yourself wanting to replace lexan lens with a glass one at some point down the road depending on how much and where your keys are stored, because it seems that any non glass flashlight lens will ultimately get scratched when used on a keychain for EDC, at least in my case. I stopped using my favorite light, my turbo nano mate, until I address the issue of the plastic lens that it uses with perhaps some sort of lens protector. I use my Arc AAA at the moment. I'll probably pick up a different lens for my LSL as well as my search for the perfect keychain light continues.

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Don't think I would worry. I carry mine with my keys in the same pocket. It's not attached to the keys, but the keys always end up on top of the light, grinding on it. I don't have 1 scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.