SC600w Mk IV HI 18650 XHP35 Neutral White High Intensity Flashlight

hcd615

Enlightened
Hi, I am new to Zebralight. Does anyone have this light and if so how do you like it and any issues? I read a post of someone getting 4 defective ZL's. There are so many variations to each model my head is spinning, but I think I want the S600w Mk IV Hi for the bit more throw I will get from the light.

Also, how is the SC32 (1 - CR123) battery model, looks so small, a great edc pocket light.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I had both the SC600w MKIV Plus and the HI... I kept the Plus and sold the HI. The slight throw advantage was not enough for me compared to the overall output of the Plus.

The Plus is easily my most used light around the house/yard these days... I EDC my H52Fw and often pocket carry my SC64w HI.

I have several other older Zebralights as well that still see occasional use... I have never had any mechanical issues with any of my ZLs, but I don't use them in harsh environments.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
The SC600w HI is my favorite Zebralight for outdoors. Throws well with plenty of spill.

And the SC32 is a perfect EDC, small and powerful.

holygeez03

Enlightened
If you are going the HI route, I would at least consider the SC64w HI for the smaller form factor... if you ever plan to pocket carry it.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
That's worth thinking about. As much as I like the SC600w HI, I carry a SC64w HI daily...

zozo

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the SC600w IV plus. Really excellent light.

birderbill

Newly Enlightened
Just got a SC600w IV HI a few days ago. Love the beam profile, output/size and runtime. It will be my most used outdoor light. Wish my SC700d had the same beam profile. Now I'm thinking of selling it to buy another SC600w IV HI.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the SC600w IV HI, the SC600w IV Plus, and the SC64w HI. All great lights, but serve very different purposes. Think carefully about how you intend to use the light, and then buy the appropriate one.

My SC600w HI is the best all-around outdoor light. Good throw (for such a small light), but still usable spill. No "tunnel effect" due to the spill, but the spill is dim enough it doesn't blow out your night vision. You can see far with this light.

The SC600w Plus I use for a bike light. Bright, efficient, and a decent wide beam. Not much good for throw, but on a bike the wide bright spill is more important. It might actually have good throw on paper, but due to the bright spill it blows out your night vision so you can't see far.

The SC64w HI makes a great EDC. Very small for an 18650 light. Great beam and tint. Not as throwy as the SC600w HI, but still has enough throw to make it a decent light for outdoors too. Downside is that it can't maintain max for long, due to it's small size.