• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Most popular brands ??

LAPoliceGear

Newly Enlightened
Hey all - Sean from LA Police Gear here. My question is what are your top 5 favorite flashlight brands. I am thinking about what brands to add or subtract from what we offer for sale on LAPG and I would love to see what everyone here thinks.

My personal favorite Flashlights brands are:
1) Fenix and LAPG. - Biassed of course. I am a real fan of Fenix rechargeables.
2) Surefire - incredible products but I hate paying those prices.
3) Streamlight - used it for YEARS as a cop. They just work...
I dont have a #4 and #5.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

kj2

Flashaholic
#1 - HDS - Superb quality and I know that light has my back.
#2 - Elzetta - Same as HDS, but more powerful.
#3 - Surefire - Great quality but (too)expensive.
#4 - Olight - Awesome lights with high output. Although they do get more expensive lately.
#5 - Fenix - Great quality for money. Personally, don't like the current designs.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all - Sean from LA Police Gear here. My question is what are your top 5 favorite flashlight brands.

I dont have a #4 and #5.

Sean

I do not see this post as advertising but more what would we like to see for availability....

In saying that I will add that I am biased also and though not politically motivated I am not a fan of foreign made lights though sometimes it is acceptable if those lights are of high standards in build and materials and have a good warranty.

I. HDS: excellent customer service, great warranty, the light itself is a very valuable, dependable, and useful tool with many options

2. Surefire: excellent customer service, excellent lights

3. First-Light USA: (they still don't receive the credit they deserve), great customer service, great options though options "could" be better they still are a class of their own

4. Streamlight: (I have no experience with customer service) but another faithful servant that doesn't seem to give up

5. Polarion: excellent customer service, excellent output, and excellent designs and dependable

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Californias own companies Maglite, QuiqLite and Pelican would be added good karma. :thumbsup:

First Light is a definite plus for police personnel.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I do not see this post as advertising but more what would we like to see for availability....
In saying that I will add that I am biased also and though not politically motivated I am not a fan of foreign made lights though sometimes it is acceptable if those lights are of high standards in build and materials and have a good warranty.

I. HDS: excellent customer service, great warranty, the light itself is a very valuable, dependable, and useful tool with many options

2. Surefire: excellent customer service, excellent lights

3. First-Light USA: (they still don't receive the credit they deserve), great customer service, great options though options "could" be better they still are a class of their own

4. Streamlight: (I have no experience with customer service) but another faithful servant that doesn't seem to give up

5. Polarion: excellent customer service, excellent output, and excellent designs and dependable

It could be considered advertising when you mention your company in the same sentence as one of the brands you sell... :rolleyes:

kj2

Flashaholic
Californias own companies Maglite, QuiqLite and Pelican would be added good karma. :thumbsup:

First Light is a definite plus for police personnel.
Damn, I forgot about Quiqlite. While I use the new X2 all the time when I walk the dog. Specially in flashing mode, other road-users see you clearly.
These type of lights should be a must-have for LE officers, medics and road-workers.

archimedes

Flashaholic

It could be considered advertising when you mention your company in the same sentence as one of the brands you sell... :rolleyes:

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I took OP's "#1 brand" listed above to mean that the "LAPG brand" flashlights they carry are made by Fenix (and, of course, his favorite) ? :thinking: