Malkoff        

Thread: Hults Bruk Aneby Axe

Default Hults Bruk Aneby Axe

I love sharp things, but havenít really ever been an axe guy. But I have two camping trips coming this month and I have felt the urge for a while now to get a nice smaller Swedish axe for processing wood and kindling at the campsite. I have used a Gerber axe for this task for some years and it worked fine, but you all know how it is with gear. I just wanted something that felt more personal than production. Something a real person forged and sharpened that could go with me and gather stories like the guy who made it would want to hear. I looked at a lot of axes and settled on this one from Hults Bruk. 20Ē handle, 1.75 lb head. I think it should do the trick. It just came in today - shaving sharp and some cool character on the head from the forging process. I canít wait to split up kindling with this!

Default Re: Hults Bruk Aneby Axe

Do you have pictures?🙂 I just got a Liam Hoffman mini camp axe a couple weeks ago. He makes some amazing axes! I was thinking of getting a Gransfos bruks forest axe (something a little larger) for chopping the bigger stuff.
    Last edited by K2-bk-bl-rd; 09-03-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Cool, Iíll have to check out his site. I looked often at the Gransfors Bruks and there was one I liked a lot, but ended up going with this one.

I have the Hults Bruk Akka, 24" hangle with 1-1/2 pound head. I like the lightweight head, but with longer handle to develop speed. I love the axe, top quality and sharper out of the box than some knives I've bought.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hereís my LH mini camper. It came crazy sharp! It works wonderfully for carving and light chopping.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Cool axes guys! I will have to take a pic of the HB actually stuck in some wood next weekend. Haha.

What kind of carving do you do with an axe? Iíve seen some that were designed for such things but it seems a large blade for delicate work, but probably I am wrong. I was impressed to see hunting axes as well for processing game. Must be very large game I would assume!

I have two small Gransfors hatchets, I've used them both to rough out blanks for spoon carving. The bigger of the two is the Wildlife hatchet, which works nicely for splitting whitetail's pelvic bone during field dressing. It's designed to aid in skinning also. It works great for kindling but is too small as a light "general purpose" axe. The Mini is just too cool for school, I'll tuck it into a back pocket instead of carrying a big chopper of a knife sometimes when hiking. It, a Mora, and a Swiss Army knife and you're good to go. Enjoy the Hults, NBP, it may not be your last. They tend to multiply.
    Last edited by scout24; 09-03-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Yes, spoon carving! Apparently I am the only one not making spoons! Maybe I should start.

Haha, thatís all I need is another collection of sharp things. I am excited to use it - maybe itíll help get me back out in the woods more.

A little hatchet/saw/knife/light pron for you...

https://i921.photobucket.com/albums/...7-1024x768.jpg

No shelf queen axes here!

Grrr. I donít know why thatís so blurry. I am so done with photobucket. :/ Gonna end up with broken pix like when I had to dump imageshack years ago.

Last edited by nbp; 09-14-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Looks like a good sized firepit! Glad you're out and using your new hatchet.