The Fenix-Store        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paracord

Default Re: Paracord

only the cobra weave. is there a easy one to larn instead of the cobra
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Yeah cobra is good
    ... is the archimedes peak

is there any easy to learn very easy wewves that will aloww the most paracord for mt braclets
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    is there any easy to learn very easy wewves that will aloww the most paracord for mt braclets
    Google, YouTube, etc...
    Loads of free tutorials and image-guides on different weaves. Large quantities of paracord are probably best done with a sinnet.
    Sinnets are basically chains woven from a single length of rope or cord and, in the case of paracord ones, you usually just undo the securing clip/knot and then pull to unravel it for use.
    "Life is no brief candle, but a splendid torch made to burn ever more brightly" - Edward Dunlop.

anyone know paracord sold in 50 feet bundles that can hand over 900 pounds?

Don't know about that strength level, but I've bought "Type 4" from a company called Tough-Grid off of Amazon. That was several years back, but they're still around so I'd assume quality is just as good. The cord is just slightly fatter than 550lb cord, since it has a few more internal strands.

Search for Tough-Grid 750lb paracord on Amazon and it ought to come up.

Note that the 750lb rating is the breaking strength. For working load you don't want to get anywhere near the break strength.

If you want a working load of 900+ lbs, you're looking at some serious rope then. Climbing rope, arborist rope, rigging rope, something like that.

You could try battle cord, its 5.6mm and rated to 2650 pounds https://atwoodrope.com/collections/battle-cord

There is also static rope in 3/16 and 1/4" sizes https://atwoodrope.com/collections/static-rope

If your made of money you could also try Techcord. https://www.maximropes.com/home/acti...uct/tech_cord/

thank you both im going to make a belt i want something that can handle weight both answers above help a lot ty

Well, curiosity got the better of me while I was looking at and reading about the Atwood "Battle Cord". Amazon has 50-foot hanks available for 17 bucks total, arriving Friday, so I said what the heck. $17 to satisfy my curiosity ain't a bad deal!

Some of the reviews said the cord is really stiff, so that may limit its usefulness, but I'll play around with it and see. If nothing else, I can always just throw it in the car trunk to have "in case". I got the "neon orange" color so it could also be used for safety flagging and stuff like that.

Curious as to what it's made of. I'm guessing it's probably not regular nylon if it really has that much tensile strength in only 5.6mm. Couldn't find anything in the product description, but I wonder if the internal strands are one of the super-strength fibers like aramid or poly-something-rather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12