• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Attn: OLIGHT ~ Is this a genuine S1 Baton?

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
This is my first Olight Baton S1 and it looks legit but the question is: why does it has a black bezel ring instead of the usual blue color?...It's also missing the Olight logo printed on the body of the light?....Is there a reason why?..I can not get an answer to my 2 questions anywhere, not even the guys at the Olight store. Unbelievable!!..Looks like I got one of a kind mystery S1 Baton:twothumbs
tXrYrd.jpg
Bi9p3C.jpg
l2CDnB.jpg

Last edited:

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it bought brand new? The button bezel is still blue but maybe the black bezel around the light was a QC quirk or something factory...or someone replaced it with a black one. Maybe it was an early production run.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Received a response to my question in another forum that has nothing to do with flashlight. Go figure! :ironic:....This particular S1 Baton with the black bezel ring, was made by Oligh specially for the European market, that's the reason of the CE marking showing next to the (-+) battery symbol, which you don't see on the S1 Baton for sale in the US. The CE literally means European Conformity and is required for products sold in Europe. Since Olight never responded to emails (as usual) I decided to call them and "finally" one of the representative confirmed it's made by Olight and is covered by the 5 years warranty. Well, the mystery of the black ring that absolutely no one knew, has been solved!!

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
hm this is odd, im from EU and i never recall i have seen a s1 baton without the blue bezel in any shops really... thats a new one for me.. looks really like they forgot to put on the blue bezel in the factory....

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
hm this is odd, im from EU and i never recall i have seen a s1 baton without the blue bezel in any shops really... thats a new one for me.. looks really like they forgot to put on the blue bezel in the factory....

This one seems to be a special version made for a company known as CAA and to be used on pistols/rifles. Suppose to go inside a plastic case that can be attach to the weapon. Probably can be found at gun shops and not at a regular flashlight store. For some reason it seems to be super bright and I won't be surprised if it has higher lumens than the standard blue ring S1 Baton.
72PBK3.png
omnKBe.jpg

Last edited:

riffraff

Enlightened
I think maybe all Olights are marked with "CE" nowadays. I know my last six are, and I'm in the US.

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
I think maybe all Olights are marked with "CE" nowadays. I know my last six are, and I'm in the US.

makes sense, since i doubt they make one batch with that CE and one without, they just print on all to avoid any issues to countries/regions where this is required and it doesnt matter if u buy it in a country that does not require this they have their hands free..