ArmyTek        
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Rey Engine

  1. #1

    Default Rey Engine

    16374126 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr

    Hi everyone, I am developing the new Rey Engine. As you all know, ReyLight is a community driven brand, and your support and input are essential to its development. I want to make products to fit your demands as much as possible, and I want to gather your opinions and ideas about the groups in the new driver.


    Since the output of the flashlight ranges from 1% to 100%, I want to know your preferred output spacing. (LAN and Pineapple is moonlight-2-20-100%). Since there will be secondary light in one of our upcoming flashlight, I also want to know where you want to put the secondary light. There are certain functions such as strobe and strobe frequencies that I am built into the UI.


    Here are some thoughts:


    Config:
    8+ clicks to enter configuration, it will give 5 solid flashes, each flash stands for a given function.


    Config #1-5 (or more)


    1.Select a mode group, from G1-G8, (or more)
    2.Mode memory on/off.
    3.Moonlight mode on/off.
    4.Reverse mode order, L-M-H to H-M-L.
    5.Reset.


    6.Your input here~~~~~


    Mode groups:
    Red or white fast strobe,
    Red or white slow strobe,
    Red or white random/crazy strobe,
    Red or white SOS,
    Red or white beacon,
    Red or white beacon with white or red background,
    Alternation of white and red strobe with background,
    Red or white heartbeat strobe,
    Red or white breathing,
    Please comment in this format.


    Such as:


    1.Red25%- red100%- white2% - 25% - 100%
    2.Red100%- white100%
    3.White100%- white strobe
    4.~~~More~~~
    4. red25, red100, wht50, wht100
    5. 1, 20, 50, 75, 100
    6. 15%, 40%, 75%



    Hidden group: When the light is on, press and hold the switch for 1.5-4 seconds.
    This can give you a quick and direct access to a special mode group, such as strobe, beacon, etc.


    I sincerely deeply appreciate your time and input.
    30163740 by Rey Ye, 於 Flickr

  2. #2

    Default Re: Rey Engine

    Really like the design. Did you use a milling machine on those?

  3. #3
    datiLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Rey Engine

    My ideal UI for a light with secondary LEDs would be Amber 25% - 100% - White Moonlight - 2% - 25% - 100%. Your #1 would be pretty good.

    Love the matte finish on the end lights.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    I am currently accepting limited mod requests. Please send me a PM!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rey Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundRay View Post
    Really like the design. Did you use a milling machine on those?
    CNC

  5. #5

    Default Re: Rey Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by datiLED View Post
    My ideal UI for a light with secondary LEDs would be Amber 25% - 100% - White Moonlight - 2% - 25% - 100%. Your #1 would be pretty good.

    Love the matte finish on the end lights.

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    Thanks for the input.

  6. #6
    Flashaholic* Eric242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    [-Mad in Germany-]
    Posts
    2,780

    Default Re: Rey Engine

    I have no serious use for any blinking or strobe mode...... these are only and very rarely used for fun or to show someone else (well, for fun too I guess).

    I would prefer to have one Mode Group with all the blinking modes and all other Mode Groups free of anything blinking.

    Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested


  7. #7

    Default Re: Rey Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    I have no serious use for any blinking or strobe mode...... these are only and very rarely used for fun or to show someone else (well, for fun too I guess).

    I would prefer to have one Mode Group with all the blinking modes and all other Mode Groups free of anything blinking.

    Eric
    Ditto. The blinkies are usually for fun. It will be in a special group or hidden.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •