• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam K75vn - Ultimate Budget Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
10-15% increase in intensity...But price would be $65-100

~1.55Mcd - 1.75Mcd
~4800L -5200L
Not a huge deal...
Biggest advantage would be able to run any number of 18650 from 1-4
Custom UI
Even 1 cell gets 1.5Mcd.

Last edited:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier you mentioned, you cant squeeze much and it's a great light as is. So now you can v54 it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Before it peak at 1.57Mcd
With DriverVNX3 it peak at 1.75Mcd

Not huge...but this mean we can have different UI
The biggest benefit is you can run the light on any number of 18650 from 1-4
4P is also inherently more safe.

There is still the problem of it is worth the price increase....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Wow! How does the runtime and lumen output compare to stock driver?

I also didn't realize this is a 3V emitter.

Max 5300L VS 4800L both with 4cells
On 1 cell since Kcd are the same I would say about 4800L

If you can get 1.8-1.9mcd, I 100% plan to upgrade! Please don't send the K75vn that I bought until after final results have come in. :) EXCITING!!!

Can it hit 1.8mcd with Anduril UI? Or only Driver VNX3?

I also don't understand the benefit of being able to operate on one battery... I guess for an emergency survival situation if I needed to use one cell to start a quick fire...? But I'd prolly just focus the beam on a dry leaf/grass at point blank for a flame instead?

Any other time, I wouldn't run on less than 4 cells...? It's a cool trick I guess, or to lighten the weight like crazy, but I don't see how that would be 'the biggest benefit' lol.

10%-15% performance increase however is HUGE for an already record holding light!

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the small jump in performance is worth it. The light gets hot really quickly and its main appeal is the low cost vs having a CFT90 modded TN42 or MF04 or GT.

Anduril however, is intriguing, because you can find a relative goldilocks output that won't get hot within 60 seconds and throws for probably over 1mcd. The downside is you won't get the efficiency and regulation of the Acebeam driver.

When SBT90 gen2s become readily available you can mod one into an MF04 for more cd and heatsinking probably, while keeping costs down.

For 100$ more, i don't think it's worth it, since the performance increase only for maybe 30-60 seconds if that. But for 65$ more, VNX3, which is also ramping UI (WOOP!) in my eyes it basically adds 2-3 months of future proofness to the light, maintaining the ability to stay with new competition for longer. 1.55->1.8 is no small victory if new lights come out in the range of 1.6 or 1.7, even in smaller sizes, I will still feel content owning one with 1.8, until it is surpassed.

Also, the MF04 host if I understand, is still 150$ at the cheapest, with a discount code. Add the new LED costs, shipping for each, the modding costs for LED swap/centering, and I think we're easily back at 250-300$. That's not significantly cheaper. You also get a dated budget host with less premium feel. The weight difference is quite massive as well. So if you don't plan to use the K75 for more than 30 second bursts to show friends, then the weight, extra heatsink, and time it will take waiting for such a MF04 release in Vinh's busy schedule, isn't worth it to me.

Just opinions! :) Thanks for a worthy analysis of options!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
1.8 is no small victory if new lights come out in the range of 1.6 or 1.7, even in smaller sizes, I will still feel content owning one with 1.8, until it is surpassed.

Also, the MF04 host if I understand, is still 150$ at the cheapest, with a discount code. Add the new LED costs, shipping for each, the modding costs for LED swap/centering, and I think we're easily back at 250-300$. That's not significantly cheaper. You also get a dated budget host with less premium feel. The weight difference is quite massive as well. So if you don't plan to use the K75 for more than 30 second bursts to show friends, then the weight, extra heatsink, and time it will take waiting for such a MF04 release in Vinh's busy schedule, isn't worth it to me.

Golly gee, 250!:tinfoil: It seems like the K75vn is a no brainer for anyone considering that size/format of throw light. I suspect you'll be perfectly astonished with the performance no matter if the light is 1.8, 1.7, 1.9 or 1.5mcd. I know from my time playing with HID's that it took a good 20% more throw and lumens to even begin to draw a conclusion between two beams, ESPECIALLY if they're from different manufacturers. Slight differences in beam characteristics, due to slight differences in reflectors, can keep a person guessing all day without instrumentation. Additionally, even the accuracy of all these numbers/readings themselves are nothing but hearsay, until all of those particular lights are in one place, at one time, being tested on one consistent set of instruments. In other words, one of Vinh's 1.55mcd lights might overshadow another poster's factory light that that's giving a stated reading of 1.75mcd. The stated and measured specification tolerances, from all the different sources, leave a wide enough gap that it's futile to fret a 5-10% supposed variance.

I think I read somewhere that you had one on the way, so have fun with that beast, and pay no attention to anything that edges it out on internet paper. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I suspect you'll be perfectly astonished with the performance no matter if the light is 1.8, 1.7, 1.9 or 1.5mcd. I know from my time playing with HID's that it took a good 20% more throw and lumens to even begin to draw a conclusion between two beams, ESPECIALLY if they're from different manufacturers. Slight differences in beam characteristics, due to slight differences in reflectors, can keep a person guessing all day without instrumentation. Additionally, even the accuracy of all these numbers/readings themselves are nothing but hearsay, until all of those particular lights are in one place, at one time, being tested on one consistent set of instruments. In other words, one of Vinh's 1.55mcd lights might overshadow another poster's factory light that that's giving a stated reading of 1.75mcd. The stated and measured specification tolerances, from all the different sources, leave a wide enough gap that it's futile to fret a 5-10% supposed variance.

I think I read somewhere that you had one on the way, so have fun with that beast, and pay no attention to anything that edges it out on internet paper. :thumbsup:

Thanks, however I meant a 10% variance (or greater) with Vinhs measurements, of new lights that he modifies and sells on his store under equal testing standards with proper instrumentation.

I don't buy lights anyplace else anyways :)

I'm surprised this thread isn't hopping WAY more with interest. Maybe no beamshots? Everyone bought stock already? Even so I'd think there would still be discussion. Where my thrower ppl at!?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
As impressive as it is I think the Large size does hinder some interest. W30vn mostly impractical but is more popular because people can actually take it around with them. I personally move it from car to car so I can play with it everywhere. Its especially fun out by the Marina to shine through the water and spot crawling crabs. Even a TN42 size light most people can manage. But when it comes to BLF GT & K75 size light it usually gets left at home or only meant for true professional that need it in their line of duty.

I think the K75 is amazing. I haven't post much about it because I dont have more samples in to play with yet. If size if of no concern and performance is you got the best of the best.

As impressive as it is I think the Large size does hinder some interest. W30vn mostly impractical but is more popular because people can actually take it around with them. I personally move it from car to car so I can play with it everywhere. Its especially fun out by the Marina to shine through the water and spot crawling crabs. Even a TN42 size light most people can manage. But when it comes to BLF GT & K75 size light it usually gets left at home or only meant for true professional that need it in their line of duty.

I think the K75 is amazing. I haven't post much about it because I dont have more samples in to play with yet. If size if of no concern and performance is you got the best of the best.

Odd, I don't even carry my Skylumen Delta around, that to me is way too large to bring anywhere unless I'm specifically going out to play with it. The K75vn for me is nearly in the same size category of lack of use...

I work in an office so... no practicality and I don't do anything after work or weekends warranting such a light lol.

Sorry, stupid question, but how do you load the batteries in the K75vn? There are 4 springs on one side of the cell carrier, never had a light like this before. I'm pretty sure all 4 are supposed to be matching the same direction, rather than 2 up 2 down, but I want to be sure... crazy expensive light haha.

Edit: Vinh answered my email, yes, all 4 are in the same configuration. Interesting! Thanks. Just leaving this here incase anyone else has the same question.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and tell us how you like it!

My Spec 1 K75Vn has two up springs, and two down springs, as usual, in the battery carrier.

I guess a good rule of thumb is negative end of cells to springs.

Anyone got their hands on an Imalent MS18? I have persistent, nagging thoughts about getting one to complement my R90TS.

-----------
I like Patriots' signature links. :)