Last edited by a moderator:

Nichia!

Banned
Re: Malkoff Flashlights Thread

Well I think it's official the old thread is closed:(

thermal guy

Flashaholic

WHAT THE! I kinda think I know what happened but why do we all get punished for the actions of 1-2?

thermal guy

Flashaholic

On a plus side I just got my 2XAA Malkoff and it's a work of art 🖼.

scout24

Flashaholic

I personally don't see a new thread as punishment... :shrug:

I understand new product excitement as much as anyone here but the rules re: sales related discussion are pretty clear.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Eh, special K spoke of sticking a fork in it months ago. Reason being it seemed was to keep the specific subject matter of spectiic topics on track. Talk of M91's in an M91 thread type thing. RIP junkies thread.

BB993521-8-B9-E-4724-8372-B86851-E532-F4.jpg

6p with M361w and Malkoff tailcap, vintage MD2 with a Kroll, Pelican 2320 with M60 and Malkoff clicky.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Them old school 6/9 P heads are awesome.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you get a full 2AA flashlight or just the 2AA MDC body?

I've been running my 2AA setup in a SolarForce L2M and just wrapping the batteries in a paper towel to prevent rattle, but I've been considering a VME head on the 2AA body for a while.

--flatline

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast

The MDC 2AA is such a sweet light. If you don't mind the length it's literally one of the best all around lights for AA users in my opinion. 3 well spaced levels with a boat load of runtime on low and good brightness on high. Sherman tank build quality to boot.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always forget that there is another Malkoff-dropin-compatible light out there; I really don't see them often enough. :thumbsup:

I don't see the Pelican 2320 listed in the P60 host thread. Is it Malkoff compatible without being P60 compatible?

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened

Makes zero sense to close one thread on a topic, just to open another one on the same topic. Easier and more obvious to warn and ban.

nbp

Flashaholic
It had 18,000 posts. It was due for fresh start anyways, if a giant catch all thread is even necessary. We don't do that for other brands. One giant Fenix, Olight, Nightcore thread? Hardly. In any case, what's done is done. Move on.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other brands and other custom shops have their own sub-forums here where these "problematic posts" would otherwise be a non-issue. Be it under the Custom shop, or the Commercial Corner- Malkoff does not have representation in either location.

Over 2 million views, about 3,000 posts/ year, and in 7+ years it's continuously on the top of the LED Flashlights forum. I think it's value to the community is self-evident. I don't particularly care if it's under the "old/ original" one. I think there are some nuances to this situation that are not aptly being taken into consideration that are frustrating for many people who are just trying to see what's going on generally in the world of Malkoff and with it's more fanatical users.

I don't even know what the exact issue is for sure, but I am confident in saying that most people are probably positively effected by discussion of the 219b drop, versus it being deemed to be a rule-breaker. I know I'm not privy to all of the information at hand here, but I think this is a bit like your local PD going after everyone that goes ever-so-slightly over the speed limit. Sure, they are breaking the law, but you are, as noted, wasting your time going after all of these offenses and just frustrating everyone who seems interested in talking about it- which seems to be a very healthy number of regular contributors. Especially considering this is clearly very rare occurrence. Yes, the illumn thing could probably have it's own thread in the group-buy section, but at the same time, I don't think there are more than a handful of people genuinely frustrated by such talk in a general-discussion themed thread.

My $0.02. I love the Junkies thread, first place I check every morning logging in. Sometimes I just go back a random number of pages just to see what went on in the past.

Blues

Enlightened

The MDC 2AA is such a sweet light. If you don't mind the length it's literally one of the best all around lights for AA users in my opinion. 3 well spaced levels with a boat load of runtime on low and good brightness on high. Sherman tank build quality to boot.

I probably use that one around the house more than any of my others.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

I probably use that one around the house more than any of my others.

Do you use lithium primaries in it mainly? The old talk of M31s made me finally start coming around to the 3V life, but I'm so stuck on 18650/ CR123 type formats I can't see much use for many AA/AAA.

I guess that's kinda dumb, seeing how common the cells are in the real world. poop. Guess I need some AA Malkoffs.....

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Did you get a full 2AA flashlight or just the 2AA MDC body?

I've been running my 2AA setup in a SolarForce L2M and just wrapping the batteries in a paper towel to prevent rattle, but I've been considering a VME head on the 2AA body for a while.

--flatline

I got the whole 2XAA unit.i got to say this is one fine AA light. But if the low is actually 3 lumens it's the brightest 3 lumens I have ever seen.think it just might take over night stand duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.