Surefire Oveready modded 6P/ 9P/ C2 Glass lens replacement

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF!

I have a few Oveready modded Surefires, namely a bored C2 and a bored 9P that both came with frosted lenses. I bought clear lenses from Vinh, but they seem far too thin to fit in place of the frosted lens.

SO, in looking for a replacement, the only source I can find on line is VIA Lumensfactory from China. I'm not against this route, but it seems crazy to me that it's the only option. Ebay has a few listings for some 2.9mm thick glass, where LumensFactory states theirs is 3.4mm, which is what I feel like is the "right" glass for my host given the thinner option was evidently, too thin. Also it seems O-rings are rather hard to find, unless they come with the lenses.... any advice?

SO CPF where should I get my replacement glass for my newer model surefires? How thick should it be? Is there something I am missing about replacement of OR-modded Surefires? OR themselves are OOS for those lenses.

Thanks in advance!

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
OR looks like they have the borofloat/pyrex lenses available for Z44 bezels...they are out of UCL lenses...

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightlens.com is another good source, but they're closed until the 13th of September...
The last few times I checked it seemed like the were closing out their lenses, since there were a lot of the popular ones that were 'not in stock'. I wanted spare lenses for my G2 and 6P. I got the 6P lens from Lumens Factory, and the G2 from EDCPlus.

EDCPlus.com

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't ordered from them recently. They had been a long time go-to in the past. Hope they stay around...

Nichia!

Banned
The last few times I checked it seemed like the were closing out their lenses, since there were a lot of the popular ones that were 'not in stock'. I wanted spare lenses for my G2 and 6P. I got the 6P lens from Lumens Factory, and the G2 from EDCPlus.

EDCPlus.com

Which one is better quality lumen factory or edc plus?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Visually, they both appear to be high quality. Since I have no means of actually testing the lenses, that's about all I can say. It's really not an issue, because each one only sells the one type of lens, so there can be no face-to-face comparison.

Follow up question: are they the same thickness? Do you happen to know the thickness dimension?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Visually, they both appear to be high quality. Since I have no means of actually testing the lenses, that's about all I can say. It's really not an issue, because each one only sells the one type of lens, so there can be no face-to-face comparison.

Follow up question: are they the same thickness? Do you happen to know the thickness dimension?
No, they are of different thicknesses. If you look at the sites mentioned they will give the dimensions. Also, the lenses are not interchangeable with each other. The thicker one will not fit into the other light, and the thinner one will not seal properly do to the gap created.

Nichia!

Banned
No, they are of different thicknesses. If you look at the sites mentioned they will give the dimensions. Also, the lenses are not interchangeable with each other. The thicker one will not fit into the other light, and the thinner one will not seal properly do to the gap created.

Which one you recommend for the Surefire 6p ?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK great thank you kindly Timothybil. I am just hesitant of the accuracy of some of those products on the pages. I have gone ahead and ordered the thicker "3.4mm" versions from Lumensfactory.

Again, thank you very much for following up.

RE: Nichia!

I have some thinner lenses from Vinh that did not work in either my 9P or my C2. I would assume that these are the 2.9mm versions, that indeed leave too much space. FWIW