Dereelight Night Master Xsearcher - Upgrades

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, Have just joined this forum after searching for hours online trying to find information about modifying these torches and have been told you guys really are the Guru's when it comes to powerful torches.

I have come into possession of a new X searcher turbo (still pretty expensive) but this one is in IR i realise this is quite an old torch now but at one stage people were getting some impressive throw out of them
ZaEjeBL2RC22yUtjq9TE_nightmaster-xsearcher-ic-1_grande-416x336.jpeg

Can anyone suggest the best emitter to fit to this old girl for max throw and wow factor, so far i've been told either a dedomed XM-L2 or Cree XR-E EZ900 but these are pretty old posts now and im wondering if there are now better choices ??

archimedes

Flashaholic
I am not an expert in modding and you don't mention details of the driver (etc) you plan to use, but speaking generally, you will want the emitter to be as small and bright as possible.

Osram Oslon series has emitters meeting these criteria. I think the first was the BlackFlat, then the White1 and White2, maybe others ?

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
As far as i know the torch takes a P60 Screw in pill? (i think these normally include the driver & emitter) just not sure what is the best option

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
had a few recommendations now , the main two seem to be a Dedomed XM-L2 U4 or a XPL HI can anyone tell me which i should go for , i want max throw with least spill

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk to Vinh. He built a Night Master Xsearcher module for me many years back that worked great. Neither a Dedomed XM-L2 U4 or a XPL HI will give you max throw in that light.

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
Talk to Vinh. He built a Night Master Xsearcher module for me many years back that worked great. Neither a Dedomed XM-L2 U4 or a XPL HI will give you max throw in that light.

Thanks do they have a live chat or anything ? i tried emailing but so far had no response :eek:

I do have one single nightmaster pill (no idea what emitter is in it) but it absolutely blows away the dedomed Xm-l2 u4s much tighter beam and much higher lux also a noticeably smaller die... but no idea what it is

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks do they have a live chat or anything ? i tried emailing but so far had no response :eek:

You could post in their forum here on CPF.

I do have one single nightmaster pill (no idea what emitter is in it) but it absolutely blows away the dedomed Xm-l2 u4s much tighter beam and much higher lux also a noticeably smaller die... but no idea what it is

Can you post a close-up (macro) photo of the emitter ?

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
No idea. all i know is this thing blows away my dedomed xm-l2 -u4 in the same torch and the die appears to be about half the size, i could take a current reading at the tail if it helps to ID it