Imalent        

Thread: Dereelight Night Master Xsearcher - Upgrades

Default Dereelight Night Master Xsearcher - Upgrades

Hi all, Have just joined this forum after searching for hours online trying to find information about modifying these torches and have been told you guys really are the Guru's when it comes to powerful torches.

I have come into possession of a new X searcher turbo (still pretty expensive) but this one is in IR i realise this is quite an old torch now but at one stage people were getting some impressive throw out of them

Can anyone suggest the best emitter to fit to this old girl for max throw and wow factor, so far i've been told either a dedomed XM-L2 or Cree XR-E EZ900 but these are pretty old posts now and im wondering if there are now better choices ??

Default Re: Dereelight Night Master Xsearcher - Upgrades

I am not an expert in modding and you don't mention details of the driver (etc) you plan to use, but speaking generally, you will want the emitter to be as small and bright as possible.

Osram Oslon series has emitters meeting these criteria. I think the first was the BlackFlat, then the White1 and White2, maybe others ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

As far as i know the torch takes a P60 Screw in pill? (i think these normally include the driver & emitter) just not sure what is the best option

Go to Skylumen.com. Talk to Vinh. He will get you hooked up.

had a few recommendations now , the main two seem to be a Dedomed XM-L2 U4 or a XPL HI can anyone tell me which i should go for , i want max throw with least spill

Talk to Vinh. He built a Night Master Xsearcher module for me many years back that worked great. Neither a Dedomed XM-L2 U4 or a XPL HI will give you max throw in that light.

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    Talk to Vinh. He built a Night Master Xsearcher module for me many years back that worked great. Neither a Dedomed XM-L2 U4 or a XPL HI will give you max throw in that light.
    Thanks do they have a live chat or anything ? i tried emailing but so far had no response

I do have one single nightmaster pill (no idea what emitter is in it) but it absolutely blows away the dedomed Xm-l2 u4s much tighter beam and much higher lux also a noticeably smaller die... but no idea what it is

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fat_Controller View Post
    Thanks do they have a live chat or anything ? i tried emailing but so far had no response
    You could post in their forum here on CPF.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Fat_Controller View Post
    I do have one single nightmaster pill (no idea what emitter is in it) but it absolutely blows away the dedomed Xm-l2 u4s much tighter beam and much higher lux also a noticeably smaller die... but no idea what it is
    Can you post a close-up (macro) photo of the emitter ?

Not sure if these are any good i will try with a better camera tomorrow

Dedomed XP-G2 ??

No idea. all i know is this thing blows away my dedomed xm-l2 -u4 in the same torch and the die appears to be about half the size, i could take a current reading at the tail if it helps to ID it