Powerex pro with TK41

yankees102110

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys it's been a while, I use to post on here a lot a long time ago but I had lost my original email I used so now I had to create a whole different account. Okay so now onto my question. I have the Fenix TK41 that I have always ran the regular eneloops. I just ordered the powerex pro 2700mah batteries and was just wondering if these are okay to run in the TK41. Thanks guys.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
You should be fine. There very much like eneloops. And 1.2 volts. I'm not sure if there capacity is correct though.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys it's been a while, I use to post on here a lot a long time ago but I had lost my original email I used so now I had to create a whole different account. Okay so now onto my question. I have the Fenix TK41 that I have always ran the regular eneloops. I just ordered the powerex pro 2700mah batteries and was just wondering if these are okay to run in the TK41. Thanks guys.

PowerEx Pro 2700s are OK batteries, but high self discharge made in China. Evidently, PowerEx sources newer batteries from Japan, so they might be FDK/Eneloop/Fujitsu batteries, or they might not be.

Best to just get standard Eneloop/Fujitsu 2000mAh batteries and live with the longer life and less capacity.

The PE 2700s will start developing higher I.R.s and start tanking from 2-3 years, but if that's OK with you, then go for it. It's not like they cost a lot of money.

Chris

fenix1

Newly Enlightened

Hi there,

It should be fine with the powerex pro 2700mah battery.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any Ni-Mh battery will work. Power Ex batteries are not really low self discharge so if that's a problem (if you are not planning to use the light regularly) Eneloop Pro might be better or sticking with the standard white 1900mAh Eneloop.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best to just get standard Eneloop/Fujitsu 2000mAh batteries and live with the longer life and less capacity.

The PE 2700s will start developing higher I.R.s and start tanking from 2-3 years, but if that's OK with you, then go for it. It's not like they cost a lot of money.

Chris

I have experienced this and agree with the suggestion to get standard Eneloops. Their low self-discharge is convenient and their incredible lifespan makes them the most economical in the long run.

Eneloop Pros also die after a few years (2-3), while high self discharge always need charged before use.

Regular Eneloops are, in my opinion, simply the best.

PartyPete

Enlightened
The Pros have a shorter lifespan but really still the best choice for an economical higher capacity rechargeable.

They aren't terrible expensive and while the white Eneloops are generally more practical for most applications...it's still nice to a have a few sets of Pro on hand as well, IMO.