Fenix Outfitters        
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: The Malkoff Front Porch

Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

Good to see you back around these parts NH! That's a sweet looking setup, too!

My HD Super on a MD3 body, Tricap, grip ring (Malkoff extender kit) and DIY finger lanyard.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot View Post
    Good to see you back around these parts NH! That's a sweet looking setup, too!
    Thanks! Too many things in life (work, painting the house) has kept me from enjoying my Malkoff addiction.

My I ask what the M361 29b V3 does different than say my m61 hi lowN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The m361 is a 3 mode Dropin low med high. The m61 is a single mode Dropin but turns into a 2 mode high lo when the hi/lo ring is installed
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RSLSCKBEKLSHKL View Post
    My I ask what the M361 29b V3 does different than say my m61 hi lowN?
    Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of tailcap activated mode switching. The M361 219B v3 has three output modes: 10, 70 and 330 lumens, changed by presses of the tailcap. While this is fine for a general utility light, I much prefer using a single-output drop-in with the high/low switch.

Another observation is that the 219B version of the M361 does not have as much throw as the standard Malkoff M361 (which has a brighter hot spot), but obviously the higher CRI of the 219B is amazing.

To date, my favorite Malkoff drop-in remains the M61N, with the M6NLL not far behind.

Flashaholic

I do like the Ws and my various 219s but for Jack of all trades, love my N versions.

Warms at least for me work indoors the best. They just donít seem to have the same throw as my regular cool whites do. But that probably has something to do with the way the M61ís are set up. They are not real good at throwing.my neutralís are ok outdoors but when I want to see Further I grab my standard M61ís. Or better yet M60ís. Now they throw! I have one think itís a sticker one that is white as white can get. Very little spill but throws for days. Carry that in my coat pocket at all times. Loaded into a beat up old Z2.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I'd like to get the MD2 body, head, tailcap, and the M61WL (warml tint, low output) to fit Surefire drop in.

Will I need a lens kit? Or will both of ^ those work with a 18650?

The body, head, tailcap link says: head does include a lens and head gasket

The M61WL says: A M61 Lens Kit, or suitable equivalent, is required for use in the MDX Head (MD2 Flashlight)

If you get the MD2 host it should come with a gasket and lens. You need to get a different lens gasket if you want to install a M61 in something like the VME head. So you donít get a lens or gasket with the Dropin. It comes with the MD2 host so you should be all set. The M61WL is a great choice and runs great with a 18650.

Quote Originally Posted by 5S8Zh5 View Post
    Get the high/low ring too. On low it will produce 5 to 10 lumens, which is great for indoor use with dark-adapted eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Lumens View Post
    Get the high/low ring too. On low it will produce 5 to 10 lumens, which is great for indoor use with dark-adapted eyes.
    Thanks - didn't know they sold that.

hi me too. the M61T is with me all times for any throw situations. I use it a lot just to alert my kids im home by momentarily flashing it like strobe at the window.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Warms at least for me work indoors the best. They just donít seem to have the same throw as my regular cool whites do. But that probably has something to do with the way the M61ís are set up. They are not real good at throwing.my neutralís are ok outdoors but when I want to see Further I grab my standard M61ís. Or better yet M60ís. Now they throw! I have one think itís a sticker one that is white as white can get. Very little spill but throws for days. Carry that in my coat pocket at all times. Loaded into a beat up old Z2.
    Malkoff Devices MD2 M61T, JetE17A Red AAA.

Yep that would do it. Mine is on me every day itís one of my work lights. The throw is nice.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011