The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Malkoff Front Porch

Default The Malkoff Front Porch

Here's a place to hang out, swap stories, post pics and discuss all things Malkoff. Talk about your collection, what do you have coming, what is your grail?

I'll start out with a few pics of my somewhat eclectic collection.

Last edited by greatscoot; 09-08-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

Gathered these over the last month...
    ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1567982975.337570.jpg
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Hey! The front porch.I like that name. Nice
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Just ordered my first M61 MD2

Will this light live up to the rep. this forums have given the brand?

Time will tell

I have an M61T and it didn't take long at all, for time to tell just how good it was!.
    I am waiting on a V3 219B drop-In from illumn to swap over from the cool white.

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post

Time will tell
    Malkoff Devices MD2 M61 219B V3 SW40, JetE17A Red AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post

Time will tell
    You know it is what it is. A tough no nonsense reliable light.Great build quality, Very versatile due to the fact that it takes all of 60 seconds to go from cool to neutral to warm. And outputs from 20-30 lumens or so to well over 5-6 hundred.And then of corse thereís that customer service that literally is the best that I and many others have seen. YA I think you will be happy with it. What Dropin did you get with it?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Hey you guys hanging out on the porch....Just got my MD4 body and 22.3 head that will hold the M91BN when it gets made. Meanwhile, I pulled an M61N out of an Elzetta Bravo that I had it in and want to put it in the 22.3 head to play with it until the 91 arrives. This is OK, voltage-wise, for two 4.2v 18650s? Donít wanna fry the M61N. Also, the 22.3 head contained a lens and one gasket and Iím assuming the gasket goes in first, between the lens and the head...right?
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Correct.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

I hesitated on the Illumn N219 MDC 1xAA and now it's out of stock. Regret not purchasing one, but the reviews said it had somewhat obnoxious PWM so I avoided it. Maybe one will show up on the secondary market someday...

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Correct.
    P
    Thanks Peter. The Porch is a great idea! Glad I stopped by!
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Hey you guys hanging out on the porch....Just got my MD4 body and 22.3 head that will hold the M91BN when it gets made. Meanwhile, I pulled an M61N out of an Elzetta Bravo that I had it in and want to put it in the 22.3 head to play with it until the 91 arrives. This is OK, voltage-wise, for two 4.2v 18650s? Donít wanna fry the M61N. Also, the 22.3 head contained a lens and one gasket and Iím assuming the gasket goes in first, between the lens and the head...right?
    It will run just fine on 2X18650ís. Long runtime as well

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    It will run just fine on 2X18650ís. Long runtime as well
    Great! Charging up a new pair of Keepower I ordered with the light right now. I have a few 18650ís but use them only in single cell lights and always read to only use li-ions in series as matching pairs. Not sure if this holds true with protected batteries but better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    I hesitated on the Illumn N219 MDC 1xAA and now it's out of stock. Regret not purchasing one, but the reviews said it had somewhat obnoxious PWM so I avoided it. Maybe one will show up on the secondary market someday...
    I'm REALLY looking forward to receiving my Illumn 219. I'm not overly affected by PWM (at least I haven't been thus far). I'll report back what I see.
    Malkoff WC V4 HD XM-L, V5, V6 & HD Super, HD (all using MD4 body), M61NL, M61W, MDC 1CR123, Maratac Rev 5 AA Copper, OVEREADY Boss 70 Copperite V5 XPL HI 4K + Red (EDC light), Veleno Designs Quantum D2, Peak Trillium Copper Eiger & Prometheus Alpha w/Icarus

And let me just say thanks to the Moderators for letting this sub-forum happen. And also for their patience with us (me) Junkies. Thumbs-up!
    Malkoff WC V4 HD XM-L, V5, V6 & HD Super, HD (all using MD4 body), M61NL, M61W, MDC 1CR123, Maratac Rev 5 AA Copper, OVEREADY Boss 70 Copperite V5 XPL HI 4K + Red (EDC light), Veleno Designs Quantum D2, Peak Trillium Copper Eiger & Prometheus Alpha w/Icarus

You know it is what it is. A tough no nonsense reliable light.Great build quality, Very versatile due to the fact that it takes all of 60 seconds to go from cool to neutral to warm. And outputs from 20-30 lumens or so to well over 5-6 hundred.And then of corse thereís that customer service that literally is the best that I and many others have seen. YA I think you will be happy with it. What Dropin did you get with it?
    Not sure just ordered from the site as a complete unit, ordered yesterday and shipped today just awesome.
    And Gene answered my emails very promptly!!
    Off to a gr8 start

I've started to read through all the threads in here from the bottom up.

Great! Charging up a new pair of Keepower I ordered with the light right now. I have a few 18650ís but use them only in single cell lights and always read to only use li-ions in series as matching pairs. Not sure if this holds true with protected batteries but better safe than sorry.
    Mostly, if you order from a good supplier as a pair they will match well enough.
    Also protected cells are a lot safer to use in series and the PCB will kick in if one cell discharges quicker than the other.
    If you have an analysing chatger you can check whether they match.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Here she is...MD4 with the M61N...took it out last night...almost forgot how nice the beam is...Ive become somewhat of a high CRI freak but i'll have to say this one holds it's own. Very pleasurable tint and renders colors well. Hope I don't get too spoiled by the long runtime...might not want to put the M91BN in it...naw...but I might just have to look at another host for this M61N...

That looks nice, much as i like the MD2 for its practicality. I always love picking up one of my MD4s just for the feel and balance.
    P

Here she is...MD4 with the M61N...took it out last night...almost forgot how nice the beam is...Ive become somewhat of a high CRI freak but i'll have to say this one holds it's own. Very pleasurable tint and renders colors well. Hope I don't get too spoiled by the long runtime...might not want to put the M91BN in it...naw...but I might just have to look at another host for this M61N...

Well you will get 2 hours of run with that MD4 and a couple of 18650ís. Forgot about running it off of 3 or 4 primaries. Ouch! .

Yes, it feels ( and is) very substantial in hand...itís the biggest light I own by far...not so easy to EDC but a fantastic light to keep by the door and around the house or walking at night.

Well you will get 2 hours of run with that MD4 and a couple of 18650ís. Forgot about running it off of 3 or 4 primaries. Ouch! .
    2 hours...I figured Iíd be getting more out of the M61N but thatís just me guessing...or do you mean when it gets the M91BN?
    Iíve got a bunch of CR123ís I got on sale but I wont burn through them with this...I save those as reserves for the HDS and the SHTF situation. God forbid...

OK thermal guy, I've got a cigar lit and a second one here ready for ya.

The moonshine is out too!

Pull up a chair.
    In a SHTF scenario, the best of plans will go to sh*t, so Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is the best plan

Yes, it feels ( and is) very substantial in hand...itís the biggest light I own by far...not so easy to EDC but a fantastic light to keep by the door and around the house or walking at night.
    I may have to get an MD4 now, I was going to go with an MD3, but that looks really nice.

2 hours...I figured Iíd be getting more out of the M61N but thatís just me guessing...or do you mean when it gets the M91BN?
    Iíve got a bunch of CR123ís I got on sale but I wont burn through them with this...I save those as reserves for the HDS and the SHTF situation. God forbid...

Ya off of the 91. Hell with that rig and a m61N she will run quite a bit longer then that. 5-6 hours before it dims.

Quote Originally Posted by RWT1405 View Post
    OK thermal guy, I've got a cigar lit and a second one here ready for ya.

The moonshine is out too!

Pull up a chair.
    Well Iím more partial to a nice big jack and coke but........

Thermal your sig pic is blurry, what happened there? LOL

Have I been drinking myself?

It used to show his HDS collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealand View Post
    It used to show his HDS collections.

Yes I saw it before, just wondering why it's tripping now. LOL

Ya off of the 91. Hell with that rig and a m61N she will run quite a bit longer then that. 5-6 hours before it dims.
    Imagine MD4 run time with an LL or LLL.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast