Sky Lumen        
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Malkoff Front Porch

Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    The shape and size of the little bottles really are perfect.
    Where did you find these?
    "It's not rocket surgery"

nice, yes, where can these be purchased?.
    malkoff should sell these.

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    Malkoff Devices MD2 M61T, JetE17A Red AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    nice, yes, where can these be purchased?.
    malkoff should sell these.
    Yes, I was thinking a branded (higher quality please) version would be great, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    Sorry I cannot recall the details.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    What is the general dropin-to-host ratio people have here? Do all of your dropins have hosts?
    Luckily my Surefire addiction is as strong as my Malkoff one, so all of my drop-ins have hosts. All Malkoff (MD/VME) hosts are filled, and any Malkoffless Surefire host has an incan bulb or some other drop-in in it. When you could still get new 6Ps for $40 I stocked up, but I find used SFs all the time too.

Flashaholic

Wow thanks for all the answers fellas, I guess this is something I just gotta feel out for myself. Definitely need a few more MD2 hosts though, still don't have one with a tricap.

CRAZY how active this Malkoff Forum has been! Multiple times daily I pop in and there's always 4-7 updated threads.

PS- For those worried about the latest V3 219b tint- I actually think this is less rosy than the V2s, really almost dead-nuts-on neutral, just a touch of rose. Pretty ideal all thing considered. Compared to my V2 MDC 16650 at least- which might become my new EDC. Definitely have to grab a 1x CR123 tube for that option, darn great tiny light setup.

Malkoffs rock! And you wonít find people on here complaining and whining about tint and how it makes there apples look off red or nonsense like that lol. Malkoffs are for the working class.😁👍
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Malkoffs rock! And you wonít find people on here complaining and whining about tint and how it makes there apples look off red or nonsense like that lol. Malkoffs are for the working class.
    I don't like the green corona of my neutral Hound Dog 18650.

ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Really??😂😂😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Really??
    Just thought I'd rib you a little. I love Malkoffs, but every choice involves some compromise. The beam tint of the Cree XPL is not likely to win any awards for uniformity or beauty, but it doesn't need to. I don't notice the green when I use the light outside, which is how it was intended.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Flashaholic

I gotta say though, Gene's choice in emitters is normally smacking great for tints. I have yet to use a Malkoff I do not enjoy entirely the tint of. Heck, even the beam of the M61HOT is actually not that bad, kinda neat actually circle in a square in a circle.

Granted, I do completely agree Thermal- the tint and beams are far from the reasons I adore these lights, but I would argue that overall there is rarely compromise in this regard- but I guess I need a Hound Dog sooner rather than later!

Malkoff is the brand that made my flashlight collection into just that, a collection. I most always reach for a Malkoff when I need light.

I have the V3 now for my Md2, and its looking fabulous. thanks to Craig and Gene, Cathy for this.

I have a spare M61T now, and how does this compare in throw you guess to the V3, and is it worth keeping aside as a spare/come in handy, as I have a buyer for it but I am not sure yet.
    what to do?.

I have the V3 now for my Md2, and its looking fabulous. thanks to Craig and Gene, Cathy for this.

I have a spare M61T now, and how does this compare in throw you guess to the V3, and is it worth keeping aside as a spare/come in handy, as I have a buyer for it but I am not sure yet.
    what to do?.

You have the V3 M61LLL?

hi thermal, the M61 V3 I have single mode.
    thanks.

You have the V3 M61LLL?

Oh. Well I I do not have the V3 M61 but have the new higher output M61 and also the newest M61T. The M61T will out throw my M61 but itís not by much at all. You can tell the difference but itís not like WOW! Now the V3 is way under the lumens as the new M61 so you might think its worth it. But comparing the new M61 to the M61T thereís not a whole lot of different.

what to do?.
    Snap, I've got a spare in the drawer too.
    As I remember it put on a good show against my 18650 HD for throw, but it's far too cool for me. My Nichia's hit he spot much better.
    It's a shame it doesn't fit in anything but a MAlkoff, as I've got an empty Z2 that could use it.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

My M61T is NO match for the 18650HD.Not even close.the HD out throws it by at least double. And thatís being kind. The M61T is a nice unit but only marginally better then the M61.And YES god I wish I could put in in my Z3!!

Ah, it's a while since I sold my last 18650 HD, I'm obviously being optimistic.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Flashaholic

The M61T will undoubtedly throw further than any of the 219 dropins.

Malkoffs rock! And you wonít find people on here complaining and whining about tint and how it makes there apples look off red or nonsense like that lol. Malkoffs are for the working class.
    That's a pretty interesting observation, given the number of HiCRI Malkoff drop-ins that are out there.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

thanks .

The M61T will undoubtedly throw further than any of the 219 dropins.

I have noticed in my MD2 with the 219 V3, I can place one of these Blue Fluorosilicone O rings ( 018 size ) just in the golden groove area on top reflector area.
    I don't think there is much benefit to that than just to look fancy maybe. not sure if there is a shock or water resistant advantage.

I am deciding if I should stick it there to look a nice blue inside the lens area, or leave gold as it is.
    thanks.
    Last edited by neutralwhite; 09-18-2019 at 05:11 AM.

I have an MDC HA 1AA and want to use a M31LL 219B V3. Gene said it should work with a VME head and I may not get full output. Does anyone else use this setup? I will use an eneloop.

Flashaholic

So I just tried my M361 219b v3 dropin with the H/L ring, the L mode only gives one additional output, about .5 lumens I reckon, which is nice, but it doesn't do the 6 mode easter-egg that has apparently occured with other M361s. Anyone else have this experience? I actually quite like that, but come to think of it I don't know that I tried turning it to L while at each individual output level.

I think it's quite common for idiosyncratic behaviour with the M361 and the Hi/Lo ring.
    Some people get 6 modes and others get a similar strange behaviour, as you have found.
    P

I used a M31LL 219 v2 for a while with 3v 14505 primaryís. They are available out there.

The runtime with eneloop was not enough for me personally. Something like under 2 hours at about 40 lumens.

So I just tried my M361 219b v3 dropin with the H/L ring, the L mode only gives one additional output, about .5 lumens I reckon, which is nice, but it doesn't do the 6 mode easter-egg that has apparently occured with other M361s. Anyone else have this experience? I actually quite like that, but come to think of it I don't know that I tried turning it to L while at each individual output level.

Ya the hi/lo ring wonít work. Iíve never heard anyone have 100 percent success with it. Thatís to bad😞

Ya the hi/lo ring wonít work. Iíve never heard anyone have 100 percent success with it. Thatís to bad😞
    Mine works properly, but it is a M361N-LMH (XP-G2 version)
    ... is the archimedes peak

Really. Well now Iíve heard of someone that it works for. 😁

any votes for blue, or leave as gold look?.
    thanks.

I have noticed in my MD2 with the 219 V3, I can place one of these Blue Fluorosilicone O rings ( 018 size ) just in the golden groove area on top reflector area.
    I don't think there is much benefit to that than just to look fancy maybe. not sure if there is a shock or water resistant advantage.

I am deciding if I should stick it there to look a nice blue inside the lens area, or leave gold as it is.
    thanks.

No point asking me as I have no taste.
    We need photos though, to make an appraisal.
    P

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast