Klarus        
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Malkoff Front Porch

Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

I have always wanted to test my M60LL with a couple of 18650’s. In fact I might just do that this weekend. Well and probably into Monday and Tuesday etc. just have to put it someplace safe.i get on my girls all the time for leaving there flashlights on so they have a habit of shutting off every flashlight they find. They did it 3 days in on a test I was doing with one of my HDS! Ya wasn’t happy 😃
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

The MD2 Lens, I have taken it out to swap drop ins, and putting in it, does the gasket ring ( stuck on lens ), face in towards where the drop in would rest on it maybe , or outwards so the drop in just rests on the lens ?.
    also is there an O ring what should be there too? ( found a spare , so not sure if it came from this ) DOH!.
    thanks.
    Malkoff Devices MD2 M61 219B V3 SW40, JetE17A Red AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by CREEXHP70LED View Post
    Thermal your sig pic is blurry, what happened there? LOL

Have I been drinking myself?
    That's photobucket screwing with everyone that has a free account. Instead of making images unavailable like last time, it appears they are blurring them now for some reason. Probably because they want $$$$.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    I have always wanted to test my M60LL with a couple of 18650’s. [...]
    Just a FYI; the M60LL on two LiIons is basically a 'single-L' M60L in both output and current draw - true M60LL behavior only occurs on 2xCR123 or 1xLiIon. It was a unique module, even for Malkoff.

If you want truly epic runtimes from 2x LiIon, you'd need to go to an M61LL or below.

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    The MD2 Lens, I have taken it out to swap drop ins, and putting in it, does the gasket ring ( stuck on lens ), face in towards where the drop in would rest on it maybe , or outwards so the drop in just rests on the lens ?.
    also is there an O ring what should be there too? ( found a spare , so not sure if it came from this ) DOH!.
    thanks.
    Lens against the drop in, the gasket between the lens and the head.
    Dunno about the O ring, never used one.
    I'll try and find some pics.
    Looks like the O ring is for the newer modules than I have, it goes inside the flange at the front of the drop in to seal the lens on both sides.
    So, Head, Gasket, Lems, O ring, Drop in.
    P

Here's a pic of the VME Head, it's bsically the same setup.
    (you can tell I'm at home being poorly, can't you?)
    Last edited by peter yetman; 09-11-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    thanks.

The gasket goes right up against the head. Then lens then drop in.No o-ring is needed for the MD2.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Just a FYI; the M60LL on two LiIons is basically a 'single-L' M60L in both output and current draw - true M60LL behavior only occurs on 2xCR123 or 1xLiIon. It was a unique module, even for Malkoff.

If you want truly epic runtimes from 2x LiIon, you'd need to go to an M61LL or below.

We sure on this? I know I have run it on 3-AA and it went forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

We sure on this? I know I have run it on 3-AA and it went forever.
    Aren't you both kinda saying the same thing ? ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

No. When you run the 60LL ON 3 cells you get more output but I thought runtime did go up. I’ll have to check. Running off of 3XAA it pretty much is in direct drive and runs forever. Only one way to be sure.

The gasket goes right up against the head. Then lens then drop in.No o-ring is needed for the MD2.
    Apparently some of the more recent drop ins had the reflector futher back within the shell and people had trouble with the lens rattling, which obvioussly wasn't watertight.
    Gene started adding the extra O ring to compensate for the gap.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

No. When you run the 60LL ON 3 cells you get more output but I thought runtime did go up. I’ll have to check. Running off of 3XAA it pretty much is in direct drive and runs forever. Only one way to be sure.
    Are you referring to (three cells) ...

• 3x CR123A (at ~ 3V ea) = 9V

• 3x alkaline AA (at ~ 1.5V ea) = 4.5V
    • 3x lithium AA (at ~ 1.8V ea) = 5.4V
    • 3x NiMH AA (at ~ 1.25V ea) = 3.75V

All voltages listed at approximate max for fresh cells, under light to moderate load.
    Last edited by archimedes; 09-11-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Yes if you run the M 60 Lolo and three cells you get more output less
    run time

Yes if you run the M 60 Lolo and three cells you get more output less
    run time
    Yes, the driver on the M60LL is regulated differently than, say, the M61LL.

I have 2 O rings on the tail of my MD2. anyone else do this ?
    worth it?. extra proofing?.

Ya I put a second on my MD2 work light. Makes it very hard to take tail off. Not really necessary but can’t hurt and because I change batteries from the head I never really take the tail cap off. I do this because the springs on my Malkoffs eats the crap out of my keep power 18650’s

Flashaholic

Gah I just fell for one of Illumn's last 2 MDC 16650 219bs....... Will probably be my new EDC. I've been having trouble picking one each morning but I think this will help make my decision a lot easier each day.

thanks, I do the same ( battery changes from head ) thanks thermal.

Ya I put a second on my MD2 work light. Makes it very hard to take tail off. Not really necessary but can’t hurt and because I change batteries from the head I never really take the tail cap off. I do this because the springs on my Malkoffs eats the crap out of my keep power 18650’s

Flashaholic

Man, what a nice surprise to come back to! (havent been on much since last week.) Anyway, still thinking through my host for the group bought M91BN. Otherwise not much going on.

HOWEVER, had a moment at a gas station last week. Outside pumping gas and got that "hair on the back of my neck" feeling coming from the park across the 4 lane. My SHO MDC couldn't cut through the light pollution. I finished up and left but have been carrying the 61T ever since...

Sounds like you could have done with a Hound Dog.

Speaking of MDC, would anyone clap with glee if Gene / Illumn did an SHO NIchia MDC?
    Has Illumn stocked them in the past?
    P

Flashaholic

RE Peter: I would love to see a new MDC run. I do believe Nichia SHOs exist. I swear I just read about them going through INFRNL's runtime graphs.

I would be down for one if it was made to run off a single Li ion.

I recall the SHO series was built for multiple li-ion, there definitely have been nichia SHO models but generally not very popular.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Sounds like you could have done with a Hound Dog.

Speaking of MDC, would anyone clap with glee if Gene / Illumn did an SHO NIchia MDC?
    Has Illumn stocked them in the past?
    P
    Agree completely but in 95° weather I sure wouldn’t have been carrying it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KDOG3 View Post
    Hmmmm..... that gets me thinkin'.....maybe one of these gifted modders/machiners' in here can make us a sort of "MD1" body so we COULD have the hi/lo switch in it....just a thought.
    Came across this quote in the M31 thread from 2010. Thought it would be good for a chuckle.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

M61 Nichia SHO exists. I use it with 3 x 18650. Rated official voltage is up to 12v, but I believe there is enough headroom for 3 rechargeable. Make sure all the batteries voltage match. Use this set up very carefully.

M61N SHO also exists.

Brighter than the regular M61’s and more run time than the M91’s.

what’s a good easy free picture hosting website?
    Last edited by Cerealand; 09-12-2019 at 09:14 PM.

I figured out how to use Imgur for picture posting...don’t know if it’s the easiest...but if I (technologically challenged) can do it...
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

I use Post image. I’m so computer challenged that some times I can’t find the mouse and It’s easy for me.

I use Post image. I’m so computer challenged that some times I can’t find the mouse and It’s easy for me.
    I refuse to use anymore “sites” for photo “hosting”.

Every other forum I belong to allows posting pictures without a separate “hosting site”.
    In a SHTF scenario, the best of plans will go to sh*t, so Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is the best plan

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RWT1405 View Post

Every other forum I belong to allows posting pictures without a separate “hosting site”.
    I’m not sure what happened with the picture hosting from the app. I had asked Greta if it would be returning during the last update and she was unsure if they could get it back. Don’t know if they are working on a fix or not.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RWT1405 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    I’m not sure what happened with the picture hosting from the app. I had asked Greta if it would be returning during the last update and she was unsure if they could get it back. Don’t know if they are working on a fix or not.
    Are the uploads from those with Supporter Badges not currently showing ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast