Imalent        
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252929596979899100101102
Results 3,031 to 3,052 of 3052

Thread: The Malkoff Front Porch

Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    So just got a old school Malkoff 2XAA twisty and Iím asking myself why the man stopped making them? Itís tiny for a 2XAA and with the VME head itís a fantastic light! Really liking it a lot. Running a M30 in it as it draws much less then the M31.
    I've been running one with a Scout head for a while now... even slimmer and I'm not accidentally unscrewing my VME open instead of de-activating the light (which is probably more because of my clumsy fingers than any sort of VME's fault).

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Also can I just say how awesome it has been to have a dedicated Malkoff Forum for almost one year!

Really glad we got a space to host a whole range of topics as they relate to Malkoff Devices. I think this has been super great to all my fellow junkies, although significantly less kind to our wallets....
    I'm actually on the opposite side of things. I learned about Malkoff because there were so many great threads in the LED forum... by moving it to it's own (pretty hard to find) section we are likely limiting the number of new flashaholics who discover then buy Gene's stuff. The odds of a casual user stumbling upon this forum is very unlikely.

I've also noticed a certain amount of competition when it comes to the limited edition products I have never seen before with Malkoff. The feel of it is more like when companies do limited edition "drops" and not everyone gets one and a lot of people are "left in the dark". I have an extensive Malkoff collection that goes back a decade or so... if anyone asks about one I might have I will certainly post a pic or speak to my experience with it, but it is never meant to be exclusionary, which some of the posts here have felt like recently.

ď limited edition productsĒ?? Do you mean products that were on the site but are no longer in production??
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

ď limited edition productsĒ?? Do you mean products that were on the site but are no longer in production??
    Maybe limited edition is not the right term, but I mean when you are supposed to enter your name on a thread to express interest and then officially sign up on a separate thread to purchase. For the life of me I could not find the LLLL sign up thread when it was live, just the interest one. Probably just an error on my part. I was thinking they might be called limited edition because they were individually numbered and not available to the general public?

Flashaholic

group buy...

Perhaps you misunderstand this process......I don't know what you would have us do differently? Would you prefer to not have them at all? The group buys that I run in such fashion are done specifically because there is niche interest in an item in a special flavor. In order to get that product to come to life, we need at least 20 units to be sold prior to going into it. Only once we have at least 20 spots/units "spoken for" can I go to Gene and say "please make X quantity of THIS with THAT".

As much as I would love the ability to order $2000 of M61 dropins, that's a mighty big bag of dice to roll hoping everyone will want to pay for them.
    The M61 LLLL GB in the sounding board has been up for close to 6 months and only just recently got to the point where launching a group buy is feasible. At the same time, the only place to host group buys are on the dedicated Group Buy forum.

That being said- anyone can sign up, there are no holds-barred in who can sign up. But I feel like what you are asking for is either for Gene to host all these options on his site (which he has said he won't do and this is understandable) OR for me to make my own website/business and advertise this as my own thing which I simply don't have time or resources for.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Yes I think the GBís are definitely handled well. The Malkoff threads are NOT hidden.Just in a different section. And when a GB is put in place anyone that signed up gets one. I wonít even begin to get into how another VERY popular flashlight company On here does it as I will definitely get a time out and will Probably have to make a trip to the ER😁.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic

i very much like group buys!!!

Iím not sure why some have said that the Malkoff threads are hard to find? Are they? Is there different formats on the forum? They donít seem like theyíre out of place to me of course by now I subconsciously go do it without even realizing how I got here 😁😁

Like I mentioned, it is probably just me not understanding the process. Iím sorry to have bothered you all.

No no not at all one big crazy group of nuts here but now that you know where we are donít be a stranger 😁

Flashaholic*

Default The Malkoff Front Porch

Quote Originally Posted by fresh eddie fresh View Post
    Like I mentioned, it is probably just me not understanding the process. Iím sorry to have bothered you all.
    Iím confused as to how you said you could never find the group buy? I went back and read the thread and dot literally linked it under a post you made saying you couldnít find it. Are you using the website or the app? The app on iPhone gets screwy for me sometimes and I never see replies or links until I refresh everything. Gets frustrating at times
    Last edited by bigburly912; 08-24-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

I personally use Tapatalk and no problems finding anything.. Just my 2cents

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

CPF aint that busy these days, I just hit "new posts" button every morn, I don't miss a thing!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

I was mostly concerned if there was a real issue finding Malkoff threads/ Group buys. Or if they were actually coming off as somehow exclusionary, I definitely have elitist tendencies and that can sometimes come out in text as being an ass, but I certainly don't intend anything to come off as such here.

Since we are on the subject....

here's a link to the M61N LLLL SST-20 round 2 Group Buy!
    List of my lights!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    CPF aint that busy these days, I just hit "new posts" button every morn, I don't miss a thing!
    I do the same.

When was the last time the front porch went two weeks without a post?!!? Man oh man! Tonight I'll ready my Malkoff Battery for a show of force!

Unrelated, as my brother recently purchased his first house, I equipped him with an MD3 w/ +1 MDW extender, M91bN. Loaded with two 18650s but also equipped with a few CR123s. Tons of options for virtually any common cell, superb reliability, ultimate "What's in my yard?" light IMO.

Actually, I'm starting to give most people close to me Malkoffs. I'm getting to the point where I'm content with what I have, but not content with what my family has/ uses. I want them all to have the guarantee of light that I believe Malkoff delivers on. Will likely be setting up the parents with a MD2 + M61 or M61HOT H/L (+USBrechargable 18650) and a G3 running a LLLL loaded with CR123s.

Has my elitism gone too far? IDK. Probably
    List of my lights!

I wish my children were more into lights. Especially Malkoffís. I have given them G2ís donít use them. 6Pís nope. Even Z2ís. Nope rather use there phones. Drives me nuts

My wife and 2 daughters each have a Pink MD2. Wife has a M60WL, oldest kid has M61WLLL XPG youngest has. M61NLLL 219b. They use them fairly often.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

My girls have iPhone 7ís. And according to them itís all they need!!!!

Wife impressed a movie crew at a night shoot in the desert with her mdc sho cool. Not my favorite light but she loves it because she hates any sort of ui and itís always in her bag. Gave my son an old beat up Surefire 6p with a m61 cool so heís got something besides his phone. My daughter loves her mdc with m31 low for dog walks. Iím sure Iíll have to mail batteries to my kids...

I wish my children were more into lights. Especially Malkoffís. I have given them G2ís donít use them. 6Pís nope. Even Z2ís. Nope rather use there phones. Drives me nuts
    Mine are the same way bud.

Unenlightened

Face it we're the outliers. Your kids are with the majority!! Not that that has anything to do with what's right, lol.

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252929596979899100101102