The Malkoff Front Porch

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a place to hang out, swap stories, post pics and discuss all things Malkoff. Talk about your collection, what do you have coming, what is your grail?

I'll start out with a few pics of my somewhat eclectic collection.

oXdam6x.jpg

d49o6cs.jpg

Last edited:

daffy

Enlightened
Just ordered my first [h=1]M61 MD2[/h]Will this light live up to the rep. this forums have given the brand?

Time will tell :)

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an M61T and it didn't take long at all, for time to tell just how good it was!.
I am waiting on a V3 219B drop-In from illumn to swap over from the cool white.

Just ordered my first M61 MD2

Will this light live up to the rep. this forums have given the brand?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just ordered my first [h=1]M61 MD2[/h]Will this light live up to the rep. this forums have given the brand?

You know it is what it is. A tough no nonsense reliable light.Great build quality, Very versatile due to the fact that it takes all of 60 seconds to go from cool to neutral to warm. And outputs from 20-30 lumens or so to well over 5-6 hundred.And then of corse there's that customer service that literally is the best that I and many others have seen. YA I think you will be happy with it. What Dropin did you get with it?

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Hey you guys hanging out on the porch....Just got my MD4 body and 22.3 head that will hold the M91BN when it gets made. Meanwhile, I pulled an M61N out of an Elzetta Bravo that I had it in and want to put it in the 22.3 head to play with it until the 91 arrives. This is OK, voltage-wise, for two 4.2v 18650s? Don't wanna fry the M61N. Also, the 22.3 head contained a lens and one gasket and I'm assuming the gasket goes in first, between the lens and the head...right?

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hesitated on the Illumn N219 MDC 1xAA and now it's out of stock. Regret not purchasing one, but the reviews said it had somewhat obnoxious PWM so I avoided it. Maybe one will show up on the secondary market someday...

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Hey you guys hanging out on the porch....Just got my MD4 body and 22.3 head that will hold the M91BN when it gets made. Meanwhile, I pulled an M61N out of an Elzetta Bravo that I had it in and want to put it in the 22.3 head to play with it until the 91 arrives. This is OK, voltage-wise, for two 4.2v 18650s? Don't wanna fry the M61N. Also, the 22.3 head contained a lens and one gasket and I'm assuming the gasket goes in first, between the lens and the head...right?

It will run just fine on 2X18650's. Long runtime as well

Johnnyh

Enlightened
It will run just fine on 2X18650's. Long runtime as well

Great! Charging up a new pair of Keepower I ordered with the light right now. I have a few 18650's but use them only in single cell lights and always read to only use li-ions in series as matching pairs. Not sure if this holds true with protected batteries but better safe than sorry.

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
I hesitated on the Illumn N219 MDC 1xAA and now it's out of stock. Regret not purchasing one, but the reviews said it had somewhat obnoxious PWM so I avoided it. Maybe one will show up on the secondary market someday...

I'm REALLY looking forward to receiving my Illumn 219. I'm not overly affected by PWM (at least I haven't been thus far). I'll report back what I see.

5001craig

Newly Enlightened
And let me just say thanks to the Moderators for letting this sub-forum happen. And also for their patience with us (me) Junkies. Thumbs-up!

daffy

Enlightened
You know it is what it is. A tough no nonsense reliable light.Great build quality, Very versatile due to the fact that it takes all of 60 seconds to go from cool to neutral to warm. And outputs from 20-30 lumens or so to well over 5-6 hundred.And then of corse there's that customer service that literally is the best that I and many others have seen. YA I think you will be happy with it. What Dropin did you get with it?
Not sure just ordered from the site as a complete unit, ordered yesterday and shipped today just awesome.
And Gene answered my emails very promptly!!
Off to a gr8 start :)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! Charging up a new pair of Keepower I ordered with the light right now. I have a few 18650's but use them only in single cell lights and always read to only use li-ions in series as matching pairs. Not sure if this holds true with protected batteries but better safe than sorry.
Mostly, if you order from a good supplier as a pair they will match well enough.
Also protected cells are a lot safer to use in series and the PCB will kick in if one cell discharges quicker than the other.
If you have an analysing chatger you can check whether they match.
P

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Here she is...MD4 with the M61N...took it out last night...almost forgot how nice the beam is...Ive become somewhat of a high CRI freak but i'll have to say this one holds it's own. Very pleasurable tint and renders colors well. Hope I don't get too spoiled by the long runtime...might not want to put the M91BN in it...naw...but I might just have to look at another host for this M61N...

QYYfafS.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks nice, much as i like the MD2 for its practicality. I always love picking up one of my MD4s just for the feel and balance.
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Here she is...MD4 with the M61N...took it out last night...almost forgot how nice the beam is...Ive become somewhat of a high CRI freak but i'll have to say this one holds it's own. Very pleasurable tint and renders colors well. Hope I don't get too spoiled by the long runtime...might not want to put the M91BN in it...naw...but I might just have to look at another host for this M61N...

QYYfafS.png

Well you will get 2 hours of run with that MD4 and a couple of 18650's. Forgot about running it off of 3 or 4 primaries. Ouch! .