HDS Systems        
Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3324

Thread: The Malkoff Front Porch

Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

We are a different bunch Aint we?😂😂
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Happy T-Day front porchers.
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

I'm new but glad to be here

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

For any of you who have both, do you find the HD Super to be a good addition to the HD18650?
    I have the HD 18650 and love it.
    I am drawn to the higher specs of the HD Super and wondered if it would be a sufficient difference to what I have, to justify getting it.
    No rush to answer, since Malkoff is out of stock. It seems every time I get interested in a new iight, I have to be put on the notify list. My luck.

I have the older style 18650 HD not the new optic version so not sure if thereís a difference. The HD super puts out way more light with a lot more throw. Not twice as much but dam close. The super is like a 18650 HD on steroids. You can very easily see the difference. Now if you use your light only at close distance 50-75 yards you probably donít need the super ďalthough it would probably work better ď. The super is quite a bit bigger all around. They both have good spill and plenty of throw. The super just has more. I tend to grab my super before my 18650 HD.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

the super hound dog has a lot more lumens, this makes it illuminate much more peripheral area.

the old 18650 hound dog had no more throw than the super hound dog, but the new model of the 18650 hound dog beats the super hound dog in that regard.

however the hotspot is smaller and the illuminated peripheral area is also smaller in hound dogs 18650.

they are different animals.
    if you can, have both.

Quote Originally Posted by doctordun View Post
    For any of you who have both, do you find the HD Super to be a good addition to the HD18650?
    I have the HD 18650 and love it.
    I am drawn to the higher specs of the HD Super and wondered if it would be a sufficient difference to what I have, to justify getting it.
    No rush to answer, since Malkoff is out of stock. It seems every time I get interested in a new iight, I have to be put on the notify list. My luck.

I have the older HD18650, and I just love that light. I have the Super HD, also. It is probably one of the earlier ones. I think they have since raised the lumens. I like it, but prefer the 18650 for most of my needs. I did get the E2XT and find it to be a neat little thrower. I will probably end up with the 18650XT someday. I like the old HD18650 because I can use it on low and use it to read things at work, which I often do. Not sure the new one would be able to do that without a filter on. Mine old HD18650 is a neutral. It has been through a lot of pretty rough use also. I generally don't need a light to throw any farther than the old HD does. I think it is fun to buy lights and I enjoy buying USA made. Also, that Wildcat 18650 is a great indoor light on low particularly and will light up a large portion of my yard on high.

Hello, Malkoff Junkies. I've been away for a while. Are there any tint snobs among you who might have the neutral Wildcat V7? I know the color temperature but I've never seen this particular emitter. How is the beam tint? Nice and even? Cree rainbow?
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I have an MDC 1AA, but didn't have a good way to carry a spare AA battery with me. So what better way to carry 2*AA with me than in a case that's even stronger than the flashlight? Filament wound carbon fiber and epoxy resin, 5 mm thick.

Nice. Where did you get them?

Looks awesome !
    ... is the archimedes peak

I cut it off a leftover piece of a batten of a 143 foot sailboat. I still need to make a good removable cap system though!
    Last edited by TILL-22; 12-05-2020 at 07:19 PM.

I think the new McLaren P1 has carbon fiber construction. 😁😁😁

As a 3 year owner of a HICRI V6 Wildcat, Iíve come to realize that the only way to run this very hungry, wonderful head is on an M4 with 2 of the highest energy density 18650s you can find. Anything else in any combo and M-Tube and the light fades fast. It is more than worth it, however, as the beam radiates the woods and color rendition is stunning. My HD goes unused, sadly as Iím in the woods mostly and that beam does not work well for me there. The WC is just superbly suited to trail walking.

I have the V6 also. I believe that is the Wildcat with the small head? I bought the new 18650 Wildcat and really like the convenience of using one 18650. I believe the low on the 18650 Wildcat is higher than the low on the V6. I do wish the 18650 Wildcat had the smaller head and my V6 had the larger head though. Still, both are excellent lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicaeopolis View Post
    I have the V6 also. I believe that is the Wildcat with the small head? I bought the new 18650 Wildcat and really like the convenience of using one 18650. I believe the low on the 18650 Wildcat is higher than the low on the V6. I do wish the 18650 Wildcat had the smaller head and my V6 had the larger head though. Still, both are excellent lights.
    Yes, the small head. Just came in from the woods - man, that thing does impress! I have been working on some stone walls along the edge of a field and fantasized about dangling this light 30í up on a line off a branch as an area wide night work zone... the neighbors would think a UFO has landed and an alien was stealing rocks!

I just picked up an older Camo MD2 on the auction site. I think itís a first gen as it uses a kroll switch.

Are these bodies compatible with high/low rings and current MDX lenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My older RA works well with Hi/low switch. Knowing that the Kroll has a lot of resistance, I used a mini mag tail cap and turned it into a twisty. Less resistance, and works fine.

Bill

I am really wanting to invest in another Malkoff. It seems his suppliers are very behind. I emailed them a few weeks ago and they hoped for something soon. The Malkoff website is quite empty. I feel bad for them. And for people like me, wanting to give them money..........

I'm being patient and waiting on a STB100 Wildcat 21700

I would be quite happy to replace my HD 18650 with an HD 21700....and a new Wildcat 21700 would also be awesome! Especially if Gene embraced FLAT top unprotected cells like my ZLs!

Didnít really need this but I now have a new glove compartment light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    I would be quite happy to replace my HD 18650 with an HD 21700....and a new Wildcat 21700 would also be awesome! Especially if Gene embraced FLAT top unprotected cells like my ZLs!
    I agree. The Wildcat is a power hungry animal. The beam is great but the power drain is substantial on high - even in an MD4...

Yes it is! V6 will drain a pair of 18650 in a little over an hour. The new V7 seems to run longer as far as I can tell. Havenít done runtime test on them.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Yes it is! V6 will drain a pair of 18650 in a little over an hour. The new V7 seems to run longer as far as I can tell. Havenít done runtime test on them.
    Wish I could get a solid 2 hours in an MD4. One of the very best warm flooders I have. However, I have to take 2 spare 18650s with me to be safe. I could use LO, but it is pure joy to walk a dark fire road with the WC on HI...

Couldnít agree more. The V6 in neutral is fantastic. I always take extra cells while out with that beast. Itís also the hottest damn light I use! This time of year itís fine but in summer that head could almost start a fire.

Yes, like holding a soldering iron. The MD4 acts as a thermal conduit for a while, but that warms up too. I donít care too much though as that beam is one of the best. I dip mine in the snow or water to cool it down - so winter is the best time for that light.

I'm in Florida and even in the summer as long as I am walking around, the head doesn't get much past warm. However, set it on a desk and ceiling bounce it without a fan on it and you're going to melt the lens on it. Same thing with the Hound Dog Super. Thinking about selling some of them possibly. Not because they get hot, because I have so many.

Flashaholic*

All M61 product pages updated to SST-20.
    4000K neutrals and 3000K warms are 95 CRI.

Wondering what LED new versions of the higher output models will use...

Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast