Default Re: The Malkoff Front Porch

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    i just gotta say, i really wish you could filter malkoffís site by in-stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You looking for something particular

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    You looking for something particular
    one of the new wildcats in neutral would tempt me. just to pair with my hd super

Quote Originally Posted by jrgold View Post
    one of the new wildcats in neutral would tempt me. just to pair with my hd super

I've got one, it's a good light. Though I never use it since I prefer the v6 cause of the size. I'm putting together a bunch of MALKOFF lights up on the wts very soon. You might get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish 14 View Post
    I've got one, it's a good light. Though I never use it since I prefer the v6 cause of the size. I'm putting together a bunch of MALKOFF lights up on the wts very soon. You might get lucky.
    pm me when you do. iím always too slow

the new hound dog xpl is on sale since yesterday.
    I like it.

"The flashlight has a beam with a tight hot spot and good spill."
    "Lux at one meter is approximately 45,000."

Is that new? I didnít get an email on it?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Itís tempting but between the new 18650 XT and the HD Super I feel as if I am adequately covered on throwers for the time being. Maybe a new 200k lux HD Super will come out down the road with one of these new-fangled emitters. ...

Ya Iím working on putting a travel kit together for when I go on vacation or camping trips etc. a pelican case with a MD4 wildcat a 18650 XT a MD3 M91 and a MD3 M61NLLLL. With that setup I would have everything covered. Just trying to do the math and figure out what size case I need. Iím thinking the 1200 would work.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Default The Malkoff Front Porch

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Ya Iím working on putting a travel kit together for when I go on vacation or camping trips etc. a pelican case with a MD4 wildcat a 18650 XT a MD3 M91 and a MD3 M61NLLLL. With that setup I would have everything covered. Just trying to do the math and figure out what size case I need. Iím thinking the 1200 would work.
    Iím almost positive I have a 1200 TG and I think that would be a perfect size for what your wanting to put it in . Even then you will have a small amount of room for some cells

Iíll double check for you

By the way if your not looking to break the bank on pelicans harbor freight has some really nice pelican style cars for a third of the price . I picked up a few awhile back
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

I have the 1500 and I think that would be a perfect fit. TG
    ..Isaiah 54:17...

I really would like a pelican. I know they are built. A 1500? Let me know What you need for it man. Thanks

I have a 1500 too. enough space. I have had smaller ones that before, and all I do is keep going up, but it's stopped at 1500.
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Ya I just donít want it to big. Want to be able to grab and go. I think the 1500 is biggest Iíd go. The 1200 is what I want but not sure if it would have enough room. Iíll have to lay it all out and do some maths 😁

TG - definitely do the maths. youtube also has a few clips of 1200/1500.
    BTW, - I had an 1120 small case for flashlight mod parts, and now all that has made the case smaller and tighter than I expected. upgrading too on that.

Ya I just donít want it to big. Want to be able to grab and go. I think the 1500 is biggest Iíd go. The 1200 is what I want but not sure if it would have enough room. Iíll have to lay it all out and do some maths 
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Man all this Malkoff talk is making me want to jump into Malkoff products again. I been waiting to see if the mdc lineup was going to be updated again...

I was out last night with my V7 wildcat and a few other lights just going for a 10:30 walk in the woods. The neighbors no longer call the police when they see this and most consider this as added security do to the fact that if someone is lurking around the woods there sure to bump into me and first and get scared off or knock me out and have a few very expensive lights to Pawn off😂😂. Anyways the more I use my V7 the more I love how wide the beam is but also canít help notice how neutral it looks.Itís listed as cool white and Im sure thatís what I got but malkoff doesnít list temp on the WC but compared to all my other CW it is WAY neutral.Anyone who got one care to comment on thereís? I much prefer CW for outdoors. The whiter the better for me. Which brings me to my other light I took out. My new to me V4 Wildcat.

WOW now this is a great light it doesnít have the spill that my V7 has but itís close. But Itís much brighter and although itís not meant for long range but close in work this dam thing throws! And with a hotspot so big it doesnít blast you back in the face with light. Honestly I have only used it for an hour or so but I like it more then my V7. I found it more useful due to the extra output but more for the tint. I have a lot more Night walking To do before I decide which one works best for me but that V4 is absolutely fantastic.

First picture is myV7 second is my V4
    The V4 is much whiter. Itís right around 75-80 feet to the shed/tree fort.

All the pictures I see just don't show the V7 being as floody as the V6. I will have to get a V7 and do a side by side. I like neutrals better so I will probably get it in 4000K. That is what my V6 is in so it will be a fair comparison.

The V7 is extremely floody. I donít have a V6 so canít comment on it but I really can imagine it having more flood then the V7. Itís a wall. Just wish it had a few more lumens is all

If you have an Hound Dog 18650 XT, how do you like the beam? I want to be excited about this because I'mlooking for a good general purpose thrower but the specs just don't seem impressive at all for a white flat emitter (that is what it uses, right?).

Vinh gets over twice the lux from a white flat in the similarly sized C8. Granted it's pushing a few more lumens too but sill. Heck he has similar numbers to the XT out of a tiny little 16340 Eagletac. And those are both reflectors so probably cleaner beam.

Am I missing somthing here???
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Oh it throws. And throws well. But if you are looking for a perfect beam it ainít for you. It does have rings but if you are using it outside as intended they wonít bother you. If you want it to shine on a wall or use at 200 yards but for some reason rings that are 25-50 yards in front of you bothers you you probably wonít like it. It comes with diffusers that make the beam absolutely perfect and clean but it kills the throw. It will still reach way out there but nothing like when you use it without them. I guess what Iím saying is if your looking for a thrower for 200-300 yards who care if the beam has rings.

The V7 is extremely floody. I donít have a V6 so canít comment on it but I really can imagine it having more flood then the V7. Itís a wall. Just wish it had a few more lumens is all

I believe you TG the pics just don't do it justice at all. I know cameras can be tricky and distort a lot.

According to the Malkoff website: The V6 has 300 more lumens, 50 feet more throw, 200+ V6 now listed at 150+ for the V7, a larger head which is fine for me anyway and helps with the only issue the V6 had which was heat, (but only when the light was turned on and left with no fan or not hand held. The Hound Dog Supers do the same thing.)

I will get a V7 in 4000K and do beam shots between both of them with professional equipment by a professional photographer. Not by me with a crappy Galaxy S10 camera.

Here are some shots of a V6 Wildcat after 45 minutes of use on (2) 3500 18650 mAh cells. The blue well pump is exactly 200 feet away. I can see just beyond it 50 feet or so. The flood is really a mule in my opinion but with throw.

Context light is the Hound Dog Super:

Oh it throws. And throws well. But if you are looking for a perfect beam it ainít for you. It does have rings but if you are using it outside as intended they wonít bother you. If you want it to shine on a wall or use at 200 yards but for some reason rings that are 25-50 yards in front of you bothers you you probably wonít like it. It comes with diffusers that make the beam absolutely perfect and clean but it kills the throw. It will still reach way out there but nothing like when you use it without them. I guess what Iím saying is if your looking for a thrower for 200-300 yards who care if the beam has rings.
    I don't really mind the rings if they came with better throw, but it seems like a reflector provides a cleaner beam and substantially better throw so I don't see the benefit of the optic. That's the part that confuses me.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Most throwers that kill the 18560 XT and I mean kill it, 250,000 - 2 million candela have no artifacts, He needs reflectors not optics then I would buy all his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    I don't really mind the rings if they came with better throw, but it seems like a reflector provides a cleaner beam and substantially better throw so I don't see the benefit of the optic. That's the part that confuses me.

We were posting at the same time with the same thoughts, it makes no sense to me either.

Yes. I Suck at pictures. But if that is an accurate picture of a V6 you got there I would say it does have more flood then the V7. That is a huge spot. Unless you have both itís really hard. I have seen pictures of V6 that look nothing like that so I really have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    If you have an Hound Dog 18650 XT, how do you like the beam? I want to be excited about this because I'mlooking for a good general purpose thrower but the specs just don't seem impressive at all for a white flat emitter (that is what it uses, right?).

Vinh gets over twice the lux from a white flat in the similarly sized C8. Granted it's pushing a few more lumens too but sill. Heck he has similar numbers to the XT out of a tiny little 16340 Eagletac. And those are both reflectors so probably cleaner beam.

Am I missing somthing here???
    The 18650 XT throws pretty well. It does have a ringy spill. Here are some pics.

https://imgur.com/a/PpDwzr8

There are other throwers on the market with higher number claims and I am certain there are ones that out throw them. The Malkoffs are built very well and throw far enough for practical use for me.

Yes. I Suck at pictures. But if that is an accurate picture of a V6 you got there I would say it does have more flood then the V7. That is a huge spot. Unless you have both itís really hard. I have seen pictures of V6 that look nothing like that so I really have no clue.
    Yes, it looks like that to my eyes. That picture was taken after a 45 minute walk with it constantly on. I will get a V7 and post the new pics. I want a neutral so I have to wait for them to get in stock hopefully with a tricap.

Can anyone who has a V7 wildcat in cw tell me if it looks very Neutral for cw? The more I use mine the more it looks like that to my eyes.

If I had to guess I would think that the XT's use of an optic is more about durability than anything. While optics may not be inherently stronger than a reflector setup, that big glass lens is a massive weakspot in a few respects. To me Malkoff Devices are about always being able to perform, not max performance. If the optic increases reliability while still being able to throw a massive ways away, I'll take it!

I have a D1S Emisar from Vinh with an Osram Black (precursor to the 'White 1mm^2") that is similar size to the Hound Dog XT, and does about 280kcd. This is on the extreme end of what I think a 'small handheld/ single-cell' light should throw. It's really useful 100m + but nothing closer than that. Around 100kcd with ~700lm is to me a very good balance of numbers for what seems to be the XT's purpose.

Now I'd never shy away from more performance, but I think if we want to push over 300kcd the HDS is the system to do it in!

IDK that's just me....
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100 LastLast