Fenix TK72R

Top Shirt

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any experience with the Fenix TK72R 9000 Lumens? Haven't seen any reviews on this forum or on the net. Pricey for sure.

thanks Rob

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a pretty solid light with nothing to go wrong in it. One of their best built lights ever. Lasts pretty long with the proprietary battery pack.

daffy

Enlightened
Is it more of a flood light, or does it throw a long beam? thanks Rob
Got mine yesterday so only had a backyard tryout.
Lots of flood l will get out in the open tonight to see how it throws.
Love the 3 button UI and the info it gives, how accurate it is i dont know.
It will do 100 lumens on lowest which the light estimates 49hr run time.
You can step it up and down in Lumens by 100 or 1000 at a. time, expensive light but fills a lot of gaps if you want o good runtime light with many levels of lumen.

Top Shirt

Newly Enlightened
Cool. Let me know how you like it. More interested in how far it throws the beam than flood. Thanks Rob

daffy

Enlightened
Bear in mind the subjectiveness as we all have different eyes..

100/200 Lumens is more than enough to light your way walking, i took my dogs out to the creepy park and its almost pitch black.
Anything over 500 Lumens will reach 100m, the higher you go the brighter naturally.
The trees stopped any light going over 100 meters, Im normally a thrower person but this goes out far enough for me to be useful.
Its also a massive wall of light that lit up the whole field in front of me once you start going over 1000 lumen, the spill close -medium range is huge.
Its obviously more flood than throw but it has more than enough light to keep me happy.
OLED display is awesome and the UI easy to use, like any new light i tend to fumble a bit finding the switch in the dark until i get familiar with it.

Top Shirt

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a great light. I to am a thrower person. I have a Tk75 that really throws a beam with little spill. All eyes see different for sure. Im old so I need distance more than flood. My driveway is 1/2 mile long. Its nice to be able to see who/what is coming up the driveway at Zero Dark Thirty. Trying to find a light that throws better than the TK75. Thanks for your imput Daffy. Rob

daffy

Enlightened
Sounds like a great light. I to am a thrower person. I have a Tk75 that really throws a beam with little spill. All eyes see different for sure. Im old so I need distance more than flood. My driveway is 1/2 mile long. Its nice to be able to see who/what is coming up the driveway at Zero Dark Thirty. Trying to find a light that throws better than the TK75. Thanks for your imput Daffy. Rob
Since you need to see down your driveway that far i would go with another light that is considered a thrower. I also have the Acebeam T27 and throws and has enough lux and lumens to fit your needs.

kalantan

Newly Enlightened
Mine is only a year old with very light use. The battery never gets to 100% charge as per the light's indicator. Stays at 85% fro days after charging up. After a few weeks in my pack, the battery shows at 59% when first turned on. Anyone else have this issue?