Is there an issue with difference in color between lights

paulsiu

Newly Enlightened
On the Subaru, there is separate low and high beams. Let's say I get a low-beam bulb and it has a color of like 5000K and then I get a high beam with a color of 3000K, what would happen? Would the color clash and look distracting while driving?

Paul

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
This is a moot question. You should not be fooling around with bulbs advertised as having "3000K" or "5000K" or "extra white" or any other color of light. To do so is to waste money and make your headlamps ineffective (and likely illegal).

In another thread, you already asked what are the best bulbs for your Subaru. You got a valid answer that did not involve "3000K" or "5000K" type of nonsense.

paulsiu

Newly Enlightened
I was trying to use an extreme example, if you have a 3K and 5K light and there is no issue, then a lesser difference would not be an issue. Let's switch to a real world one. Suppose the car runs stock light. It's probable that all of the lights will have roughly the same color spectrum 3000K for example. Let's say I now replace the low-beam H7 with the Osram 65W H7 clone and the high-beam 9005 with HIR1 bulbs. I have no idea what color spectrum they are. Is it going to be an issue if they are not at the same color spectrum?

Paul

Magio

Enlightened
Nah the color difference really doesn't matter so long as its still within the allowable range. There are plenty of cars from the factory that have LED lowbeams and halogen high beams.

Mr. Merk

Newly Enlightened
I can tell you, as I'm holding a 65w H7 in my hand, that neither this bulb or the Philips 9011 bulb have ANY color bands on them whatsoever.