Folomov EDC C1 V 2 discussion

Nichia!

Banned
Hi everyone

I want to discuss this light here. I want to know everything about it and your personal experience/thoughts about it and you guys think about it?

Am discussing the V 2 of this light since the V 1 is gone for ever.

Anyone here got the new version 2?? Please share some pictures and thoughts about it

Tell us what good and what's bad about this light

I want to buy 6-10 pieces of this light but I can't do it until I learn and see what you guys think about the version 2

I was hoping for 4000k Version of this light but I guess am okay with 3000k too.

Guys who have this light (V2) please share High quality pics of it if you can..

This thread is all about this light problems/good/bad..etc things

I want everyone here who is thinking about this light including my self to benefits from this thread in case they want to buy it or to solve any problems with it..

Thank you

Nichia!

Banned
I don't have anyone of these lights yet.
The version 1 is discontinued and am talking about V 2 it supposed to be updated version with better quality I think?

bmengineer

Newly Enlightened
There was discussion of an updated version with a stainless steel bezel, but just yesterday Battery Junction launched a page showing an image with the original external design. Is that V2? Is the stainless bezel V2? Is that BJ now has actually V3 with whatever internal changes V2 had and the external design of V1?

Hard to answer your questions without knowing what specific version you're asking about. I can say for sure that V1 and I were not friends.

Nichia!

Banned
I think it's the V 2 with stainless steel bezel??

I know BJ launched one yesterday I have been whacking it since day 1
But I think they post the wrong picture of the light?

There is only one way to know which one BJ have

Someone must ask them for more pictures and info about

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't bother man. I have a V3 straight from Illumn, and it's still got a ton of issues. The concept is great, the implementation not so much. V3 added an always-on locator beacon and swapped the mode order from LMHML to LMHLMH. Parasitic drain will kill the battery in a few weeks from what I've noticed. It is indeed very feature rich, and the LED is incredible, but the cons far outweigh the pros for now. Here's a vid I did:

https://youtu.be/O_ufMyjfxOk

Nichia!

Banned
Don't bother man. I have a V3 straight from Illumn, and it's still got a ton of issues. The concept is great, the implementation not so much. V3 added an always-on locator beacon and swapped the mode order from LMHML to LMHLMH. Parasitic drain will kill the battery in a few weeks from what I've noticed. It is indeed very feature rich, and the LED is incredible, but the cons far outweigh the pros for now. Here's a vid I did:

Yes I saw that video some time ago. But you said it's the V2?? Why you say now it's the V3???

Nichia!

Banned
I am thinking about this light because of one reason and one reason only! Because of the Nichia Led!!! That's it!!

The clip is definitely on wrong side!! No bezel up carry for me..

And why there is no key hole?? It's a keychain light without key hole??!

Folomov tell me this how it's supposed to carry this keychain light without key hole???!!!

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
The answer is we can use super glue?!:(
No it's not going to work!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
This project has been quite complicated due to concerns with the original designs of the EDC-C1.

In terms of hardware, we're now at V3 - the0dore3524, you have a V2, we just got the V3s and are wrapping up QC and validation. There have been a few batches..

V1 - initial release
V1.5 - modified heatsinking due to LED overheat - most people have this model.
V2 - never fully released as we were holding it back for further testing, this model has the bezel. we decided not to release the light due to flickering in some instances.
V3 - the newest model we are testing now, it has a thinner bezel than the V2.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
This project has been quite complicated due to concerns with the original designs of the EDC-C1.

In terms of hardware, we're now at V3 - the0dore3524, you have a V2, we just got the V3s and are wrapping up QC and validation. There have been a few batches..

V1 - initial release
V2 - never fully released as we were holding it back for further testing, this model has the bezel. we decided not to release the light due to flickering in some instances.

Since you seem to be very up to date on the specs of the folomov products, could you answer what the actual runtime and output specs for the Pen L1 are in a different thread that I started? Folomov never replied to my inquiry and nobody else seems to have the actual specs to post. Folomov and all sellers list the output and runtime specs of the C1 and Pen L1 as being exactly the same, even though the Pen L1 has twice the battery capacity.

No need to reply in this thread, if you can post in my other thread asking about the actual specs of the Pen L1.

Thanks.

Nichia!

Banned

V1 - initial release

Can you please report the results after the testing finished please?

Nichia!

Banned
I just emailed BJ and they refused to send pictures and they don't know if this is the new or the old one:(

Nichia!

Banned

V1 - initial release

So did you finish the test?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to see that they changed the mode sequence to LMHLMH. That's the same as the C2 that I've had for a couple months.

Latest posts