Imalent        

Thread: Folomov EDC C1 V 2 discussion

Default Folomov EDC C1 V 2 discussion

Hi everyone

I want to discuss this light here. I want to know everything about it and your personal experience/thoughts about it and you guys think about it?

Am discussing the V 2 of this light since the V 1 is gone for ever.

Anyone here got the new version 2?? Please share some pictures and thoughts about it

Tell us what good and whatís bad about this light

I want to buy 6-10 pieces of this light but I canít do it until I learn and see what you guys think about the version 2

I was hoping for 4000k Version of this light but I guess am okay with 3000k too.

Guys who have this light (V2) please share High quality pics of it if you can..

This thread is all about this light problems/good/bad..etc things

I want everyone here who is thinking about this light including my self to benefits from this thread in case they want to buy it or to solve any problems with it..

Thank you

Flashaholic

Default Re: Folomov EDC C1 V 2 discussion

What specifically is V2? Is there a way to visually identify which version you have?
    Find all my reviews of flashlights, pens, chargers, and more at https://www.bmengineer.com

I donít have anyone of these lights yet.
    The version 1 is discontinued and am talking about V 2 it supposed to be updated version with better quality I think?

Flashaholic

There was discussion of an updated version with a stainless steel bezel, but just yesterday Battery Junction launched a page showing an image with the original external design. Is that V2? Is the stainless bezel V2? Is that BJ now has actually V3 with whatever internal changes V2 had and the external design of V1?

Hard to answer your questions without knowing what specific version you're asking about. I can say for sure that V1 and I were not friends.
    Find all my reviews of flashlights, pens, chargers, and more at https://www.bmengineer.com

I think itís the V 2 with stainless steel bezel??

I know BJ launched one yesterday I have been whacking it since day 1
    But I think they post the wrong picture of the light?

There is only one way to know which one BJ have

Someone must ask them for more pictures and info about

Donít bother man. I have a V3 straight from Illumn, and itís still got a ton of issues. The concept is great, the implementation not so much. V3 added an always-on locator beacon and swapped the mode order from LMHML to LMHLMH. Parasitic drain will kill the battery in a few weeks from what Iíve noticed. It is indeed very feature rich, and the LED is incredible, but the cons far outweigh the pros for now. Hereís a vid I did:

https://youtu.be/O_ufMyjfxOk
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    Donít bother man. I have a V3 straight from Illumn, and itís still got a ton of issues. The concept is great, the implementation not so much. V3 added an always-on locator beacon and swapped the mode order from LMHML to LMHLMH. Parasitic drain will kill the battery in a few weeks from what Iíve noticed. It is indeed very feature rich, and the LED is incredible, but the cons far outweigh the pros for now. Hereís a vid I did:

Yes I saw that video some time ago. But you said itís the V2?? Why you say now itís the V3???

I am thinking about this light because of one reason and one reason only! Because of the Nichia Led!!! Thatís it!!

The clip is definitely on wrong side!! No bezel up carry for me..

And why there is no key hole?? Itís a keychain light without key hole??!

Folomov tell me this how itís supposed to carry this keychain light without key hole???!!!
    Last edited by Nichia!; 09-11-2019 at 10:31 AM.

The answer is we can use super glue?!
    No itís not going to work!

This project has been quite complicated due to concerns with the original designs of the EDC-C1.

In terms of hardware, we're now at V3 - the0dore3524, you have a V2, we just got the V3s and are wrapping up QC and validation. There have been a few batches..

V1 - initial release
    V1.5 - modified heatsinking due to LED overheat - most people have this model.
    V2 - never fully released as we were holding it back for further testing, this model has the bezel. we decided not to release the light due to flickering in some instances.
    V3 - the newest model we are testing now, it has a thinner bezel than the V2.

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    This project has been quite complicated due to concerns with the original designs of the EDC-C1.

In terms of hardware, we're now at V3 - the0dore3524, you have a V2, we just got the V3s and are wrapping up QC and validation. There have been a few batches..

V1 - initial release
    V2 - never fully released as we were holding it back for further testing, this model has the bezel. we decided not to release the light due to flickering in some instances.
    Since you seem to be very up to date on the specs of the folomov products, could you answer what the actual runtime and output specs for the Pen L1 are in a different thread that I started? Folomov never replied to my inquiry and nobody else seems to have the actual specs to post. Folomov and all sellers list the output and runtime specs of the C1 and Pen L1 as being exactly the same, even though the Pen L1 has twice the battery capacity.

No need to reply in this thread, if you can post in my other thread asking about the actual specs of the Pen L1.

Thanks.

V1 - initial release

Can you please report the results after the testing finished please?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Can you please report the results after the testing finished please?
    If he starts selling it, it probably passed the test.

I just emailed BJ and they refused to send pictures and they donít know if this is the new or the old one

Battery Junction is NO go for me

V1 - initial release

So did you finish the test?

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post

Glad to see that they changed the mode sequence to LMHLMH. That's the same as the C2 that I've had for a couple months.

the edc c1 so far has passed our tests and has been released!

the edc c1 so far has passed our tests and has been released!
    I'll be watching for reviews.

Yes I wait until someone review the V3

I canít get it out of my head until I buy 6-10 pieces of this light

All of that because of the Nichia LED inside and nothing more!!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    I canít get it out of my head until I buy 6-10 pieces of this light

All of that because of the Nichia LED inside and nothing more!!
    If all you want is E21A I think the jetbeam lights Virence is selling are probably a better bet. Especially if you're buying half a dozen of them, something with no standby drain would be preferable I would think.
    I want one functioning C1, but I don't really think I need 6.

I have 2 Jetbeam aaa one is stock and the other I modified with nichia B

I want this light because it can use 10440 and it has switch and I really like stock lights

So anyone got the V3 yet?

Anything yet?