Eddie Baur Micro E-light.... TINY!!!!!

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
it uses a litium tube cell (3V) and is about the size of a small drinking straw... just bigger than the LED and about 2" long

really cool little light I couldnt help but to pick one up for $9 any one else see it? not real bright (solitare brightness) but very small.

and what is the avaialability of the batterries?

jbrett14

Enlightened
I saw this same light, among many other Eddie Baur lights, at Target. I was very tempted to get it, but resisted due to battery availability. Let us know how you like it.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I like it thus far...

it has a Square out put with a small square hole in that..

but it's just really neat..

hm...micro joule theif might fit with SMT resistor and trimed down Transistor.... I would love to stick a 5mm white in it even for only 1 hour of run time or less.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I tested the battery DD with a RED 6000 mcd LED and it was much smoother, redder and brighter than the stock one so I will at least be swaping that out if I can find the batteries..(I ran it for 5 min straight and didnt seem to dim so it might be ok for a cuple hours of run time...

the Green 12000 mcd lit up well too the white was very dim

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Those batteries are also used in lighted fishing lures and floats, so look for them at stores that sell fishing supplies. They are not really all that difficult to find.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
yea, they use them in memory sticks as well... some of the older "pen" drives.
Thus far I like it I navigated the whole house in the pitch dark with it a full speed and was able to do every thing I needed to.

It has now takin up residence in my wallet (well when I'm not playing with it, I may find out if 20 hours is correct with in the first 48 hours of ownership :))

Kiessling

Flashaholic
those lights are Ledlensers and made by the german Zweibrueder corporation, fabricated mostly in China.
the BR435 lithium cells are expensive and hard to get.
the small light with the red LED is either the V2 Nano Lenser or the Micro Lenser and is more or less useless except for the design.
If you want it small in the same design, buy the V16 Chipfire ... it is the same diameter, but uses 2 x BR435, is either white or blue, has an acceptable runtime and is the most stylish penlight I know. and it is well made.
bernhard