Colors of Dorcy AAA

jbrett14

Enlightened
Just wanted to share this photo for those who have not yet seen all the colors of the Dorcy AAA. Thought this might help anyone who may be considering an online purchase of one. I am not sure if there are more colors? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
437455750105_0_ALB.jpg

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I have a gold one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Walmart also had them in blue.

avusblue

Enlightened
I can't see the picture either. As far as I know, Silver, Red, Blue, and Gold is it. Lots of us wish they made a Black. Some of us have painted them Black or Gunmetal Gray.

Cheers,

Dave

puyo

Newly Enlightened
Try to copy and paste the link rather than clicking on it.

Anyway, how readily available are these? Are they hard to find or does every Walmart and Target have them?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black Flashlights?

hmmmm.........

Black flashlights........

Just a thought - if one dropped, mislaid or needed to find a flashlight (that's off) in the dark -
where we're most likely to use a flashlight -
what would be the most difficult colored flashlight to find - in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ?

What would the easiest color to find in the dark?

puyo

Newly Enlightened
Re: Black Flashlights?

Easiest colour would be glow-in-the-dark.

Otherwise, if it's pitch black, all colours are hard to find.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
puyo said:
Easiest colour would be glow-in-the-dark.
Otherwise, if it's pitch black, all colours are hard to find.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glow in the dark will work in pitch-black......

However how many have actually been in true pitch-black?....

and can you please explain what you were doing in that closet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

puyo

Newly Enlightened

I dunno, but I've seen Pitch Black and I don't have them special light eyes. I'm sure there's a glow-in-the-dark flashlight somewhere.. and if not, someone will read this thread and steal the idea!

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure there's a glow-in-the-dark flashlight somewhere.. and if not, someone will read this thread and steal the idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people have attached tritium glow rings to their flashlights and I there is even a flashlight with the glow rings built in. Of course there are the flashlights like the PAL with its always on mode and some EternaLights which feature a night beacon. I think even Energizer has a light with a built in always on LED for ease of location. And of course there are the CPF modders who applied GITD paint to their lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

They may have them again in black again. I'll pick up a few if I find them.

Black IS a bad color for a small light. I modded one with an underdriven luxeon, and added a 1/2 ball for a lens. It worked well, but was lost in the shadows of my computer bag way too easily. It now has the gold head from another light.

Have I been in true pitch black? Yes. A couple hundred feet down in the Carlsbad Caverns. They turn off the lights to help you appreciate it.

Daniel