XP-G2 (Gen 2) 2amp High efficiency

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
Cree, Inc. has introduced a new high-efficacy (HE) edition of the XLamp XP-G2 LED, a progression that the company claims yields greater output and higher efficiency than its predecessors.
The new XP-G2 is optically compatible with the original XP-G – providing drop-in-ready performance enhancements to shorten the LED fixture design cycle and improve time to market. A new high-efficacy option is available, as well. The High Efficacy XP-G2 LED leverages Cree's latest high-power chip technology to deliver 25% more light output via a higher maximum current of 2000 mA, higher efficacy and lower thermal resistance. Combining high light output, reliability and efficacy, XP-G2 is optimized for directional, high-lumen applications

I know these are relatively new out but does anyone know of supplier with stock?
Xp-G2 S4 HE 180Lumens @ 350ma XPGBWT-BE-0000-00L50

More importantly can this new emitter knock the XP-G2 S4 2B of its pedestal for king of the throwers??

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Osram Black Flat and Osram CSLNM1.TG were the kings of throwers that knocked off the original dedomed XPG2 for a while now. Perhaps these new XPG2s will knock off the Osrams.

Scourie

Enlightened
Efficiency is the name of the game and these new Cree's are only marginally more efficient (180 versus 176 lm/w). The biggest difference is their ability to take 33% more current so to utilise these gains, a driver swap will be required along with a corresponding drop in runtime.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
XPG3 has yellow phosphoreus around emitter causing ugly yellow/green corona around the hotspot where XPG2 doesn't have it and it's still better looking beam than XPG3

Sent from Tapatalk

The_Fat_Controller

Newly Enlightened
Osram Black Flat and Osram CSLNM1.TG were the kings of throwers that knocked off the original dedomed XPG2 for a while now. Perhaps these new XPG2s will knock off the Osrams.

They will really have to go some to take the crown back from the Kw CULNM1.TG with its 1mm2 Die that said i would still be very interested to see how they do, after searching the web for hours i couldn't find anywhere with stock in small quantities [h=1][/h]

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree, Inc. has introduced a new high-efficacy (HE) edition of the XLamp XP-G2 LED, a progression that the company claims yields greater output and higher efficiency than its predecessors.
The new XP-G2 is optically compatible with the original XP-G – providing drop-in-ready performance enhancements to shorten the LED fixture design cycle and improve time to market. A new high-efficacy option is available, as well. The High Efficacy XP-G2 LED leverages Cree's latest high-power chip technology to deliver 25% more light output via a higher maximum current of 2000 mA, higher efficacy and lower thermal resistance. Combining high light output, reliability and efficacy, XP-G2 is optimized for directional, high-lumen applications

I know these are relatively new out but does anyone know of supplier with stock?
Xp-G2 S4 HE 180Lumens @ 350ma XPGBWT-BE-0000-00L50

More importantly can this new emitter knock the XP-G2 S4 2B of its pedestal for king of the throwers??

It has been 29172 seconds since the OP. I am not seeing a supplier yet.