Prometheus        
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

  1. #1
    Flashaholic* Mark2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    573

    Arrow Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    My Stiletto arrived DOA (Doomed on Arrival), it worked but did not charge. Got about 1 hour of play time . Anyway, here's what's on the inside:
    As I said before, I never repeat myself.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Thank you for posting this. It is actually the most informative thing published about the light and the 1st mention I've seen of the exact battery capacity. I will be linking to your work
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    41 brands, 2124 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

  3. #3

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    interesting "teeth" marks on the battery, is it from the top cover or, if there are no protruding elements on the top cover, was it driven there by brute force?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    13,387

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    interesting "teeth" marks on the battery, is it from the top cover or, if there are no protruding elements on the top cover, was it driven there by brute force?
    That is what caught my eyes too ... yikes
    ... is the archimedes peak

  5. #5
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Texas
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Double Yikes.
    Looks like a short waiting for just the right pocket to ignite!

  6. #6
    Flashaholic* the0dore3524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    California (Bay Area)
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Triple yikes. I wonder if that’s why it wouldn’t charge though.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

  7. #7
    Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Posts
    7,476

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Awesome pics. Thank you!
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

  8. #8
    Enlightened RamTuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    NW Alabama
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    I don't feel as bad now, about choosing not to get one of these a while back.
    "Do You See Da Light" - Reverend Cleophus James

  9. #9

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Appreciate the post. I've had the Stilleto since they came out...use it every night and love the thing. Great to see whats inside though!

    Actually been waiting for the new metal Stilleto to be released.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* RobertMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Las Piñas, Philippines
    Posts
    1,048

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Wait, only 950mAh so about equivalent to the best 14500s today?

    650 lumens for 1.75 hours but 250 lumens for 2 hours, sounds like a very aggressive stepdown there.

    To the OP: were you able to get it to charge?
    "Tint is within the eye of the beholder." - WoodsWalker

  11. #11

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2 View Post
    My Stiletto arrived DOA (Doomed on Arrival), it worked but did not charge. Got about 1 hour of play time . Anyway, here's what's on the inside:

    I'm not sure I would WANT to charge that cell. Looks damaged to me.

  12. #12
    Flashaholic* Mark2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    interesting "teeth" marks on the battery, is it from the top cover or, if there are no protruding elements on the top cover, was it driven there by brute force?
    I am responsible for the marks, there's always the risk of damage when disassembling a new type of light for the first time. The next Stiletto I can disassemble without leaving the marks. The battery is still working, as is the light.
    As I said before, I never repeat myself.

  13. #13
    Flashaholic* Mark2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    Triple yikes. I wonder if that’s why it wouldn’t charge though.
    No, the problem was poor soldering on the USB socket.
    As I said before, I never repeat myself.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* Mark2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Appreciate the post. I've had the Stilleto since they came out...use it every night and love the thing. Great to see whats inside though!

    Actually been waiting for the new metal Stilleto to be released.
    Yes, I like it too, have another one on the way, but waterproofing is a concern. The seal on the head is stiff, low quality rubber, and the USB port is pretty much one big hole in the light. Properly seating the flap AND its anchor (another hole in the body) is paramount. However, unlike the Guardian, this light can be dried easily. Just remove the head (2 screws) and put the light in a dry place: done.

    Just like the Sidekick, the Stiletto is a great EDC light for "normal" days. For the hard stuff, there are other lights, both from Surefire and others.
    As I said before, I never repeat myself.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Surefire Stiletto disassembled

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2 View Post
    Yes, I like it too, have another one on the way, but waterproofing is a concern. The seal on the head is stiff, low quality rubber, and the USB port is pretty much one big hole in the light. Properly seating the flap AND its anchor (another hole in the body) is paramount. However, unlike the Guardian, this light can be dried easily. Just remove the head (2 screws) and put the light in a dry place: done.

    Just like the Sidekick, the Stiletto is a great EDC light for "normal" days. For the hard stuff, there are other lights, both from Surefire and others.
    Well said!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •