Ebay no name LED Flashlight Experience?

grayman4hire

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am new to this forum and fast becoming a flasholic. My first intro to cool flashlights was last year when I went camping with some friends and they all had a SureFire E1 which was so much smaller than my 3D maglite and brighter too. So when I got home I bought one. Pricy light, but I love it.

Now I am discovering LEDs. I got my brother in Portsmouth, RI to stop by his local Walmart. He's going to be sending me a Dorcy 1AAA and 1AA (okay, okay, 2 of each, just in case you know).

My question is, have you bought a no-name LED flashlights from ebay? Which one? Were you happy with it?

I bought a 6 LED Flashlight on Ebay and was quite happy with it, it was bright and gave a clear white light. To bad there was something faulty about it. One of the LED went out and the other started flickering. I contacted the seller and he is going to send me a couple of replacement LED modules. Great customer service.

There are quite a few other no name LEDs available on ebay, but it is impossible to find any reviews on them so I am just looking for people who might of bought one.

Thanks for you comments.

grayman4hire

Rebus

Enlightened
It only took three off E-bay for me to learn
my lesson. Two had very dim leds and they
eventually started to go bad. One advertised
a runtime of 40 hours, 3 hours was more like
it. No more generic leds for me!!!

-Rebus

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
;
Hi i buy a bunch of nonames
the best ones are a few from Hong Kong
great service and also GoldenGadgets on Ebay
really nice cheap lights

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
for the price you pay, thats what ya get. if you are looking for cheap, then this is it. but if its inexpensive you going for check out the vendors here in this forum. streamlight 4AA 7led is a great light, and the inova xt5 is a great multi led light. streamlight twin task series are also very well made and all these light cost way less than your surefire e1. just my 2 cents