Is there a UV Protectant For OE Headlights in Good Condition to Prevent Haziing

therock

Newly Enlightened
Is there a UV Protectant For OE Headlights in Good Condition to "Help" Prevent Hazing?

Thanks

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
They already have a UV-protectant hard coating. That's what eventually ages and deteriorates, then you either replace the headlamps or you polish off the degraded coating and apply the stuff described here or here, but although those are the two best options, neither of them will match the durability of the original hard coating.

therock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, its been a long time since I looked into it. I was hoping some new tech had been developed.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2011 headlights still look brand new (except for a few minor chips and pits). They get a combination of treatments throughout the year so I'm not sure what to give he credit to.

I use blue magic headlight lens sealant a few times per year, maybe twice
I wax them with the rest of the truck 1-2 times per year
When I hand wash the truck they get waxed with d156 spray wax. This used to be almost weekly but I just won't have time for that anymore

boo5ted

Enlightened
I've had XPEL clear film on mine for years and they still look brand new like the day I bought them.

Ofelas

Enlightened
Not sure if it helps protect against UV, but after washing the vehicles I spray & wipe off Meguiar's spray wax on the headlamps.

boo5ted

Enlightened
They do, to a certain extent, offer some protection. It's better than nothing imo.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most effective deterrent is to park your front end out of direct sunlight...or at least if you can....point your headlamps away from the sun.

I have never had any of my lamps haze from following this method...they only die a via getting sandblasted by road debris over the years.