Jetbeam        

Thread: Around $50 - lightweight headlamp for working around the house

Default Around $50 - lightweight headlamp for working around the house

Looking for something to use when working around the house - like today when I was working on the furnace I held my zebralight sc52 in my mouth.

Don't want to spend a ton (I've got too many already!), Maybe $50 or so. USB rechargeable would be cool but regular batteries are fine.

Definitely want something warm.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Around $50 - lightweight headlamp for working around the house

If you like the sc52, why don't you try the Zebralight H5x series?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GeoBruin View Post
    If you like the sc52, why don't you try the Zebralight H5x series?
    How much should I spend for this one?

Not too lightweight but a decent option is a Wowtac A2S with USB rechargeable 18650 battery included about $30 on Amazon where I got mine. I use mine at home, outdoors, and at work as it has a wide range of modes from about 3 lumens moonlight to 900 lumens turbo. I find Low, Medium, and High all useful modes that if used wisely can have you going days without recharging, longer if you don't use high or turbo as much.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic*

I found a 2AA right angle head military style flashlight for $5 at an army surplus store (the kind with diffuser and color filters stored in the base). I replaced the bulb with a NiteIze drop-in and put the diffuser in and it's been a wonderful work light for around the house.

But don't get that. Take a look at the Manker E03H AA. Wonderful design and well within your price limit.

--flatline

I'm not big into headlamps but I wanted something decidedly lightweight and ended up with the 2016 Fenix HL10. Probably about 2 oz total with a AAA cell loaded in it.

Not incredibly bright or long lasting but perfect for small tasks.

Thrunite th20 or the acebeam H40? If you like AAs.

Default Around $50 - lightweight headlamp for working around the house

If you like warm, the headlamp I want to get for myself is the Pelican 2755CC. It should cost about $32, I saw it as low as $28 I think. It runs 3xAAA, has 2 outputs at 36 and 72 lumens, and runtimes of 16 and 6.5 hours if I remember my specs correctly. Check it out.

I donít think many if any of the suggestions so far have actually been warm lights. Neutral, but not warm. The CC stands for correct color, make sure you put that part in. The 2755 is the standard cool white low CRI version of the same headlamp.
    Last edited by InvisibleFrodo; 09-19-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bryson View Post
    How much should I spend for this one?
    The newest AA models (H53 series) are listed at about $60 on the Zebralight website but the H52 series are currently for sale for right at $50. These will have the same internals as your SC52.

Gotta agree that an H53 zebra is a stellar headlamp\flashlight. I end up using mine as a normal handheld more than I use it in the head strap. Very quickly adapted to the right angle grip and find it more comfortable and natural for handheld use. Highly recommend one.

I bought a Lumintral Lth20 from Amazon for my son at $25. It's not a great headlamp. Tight spot with barely any spill. It doesn't give you tunnel vision but throws pretty far. I wouldn't mind picking up another one but since I've tried a bunch already and haven't been fans of the other brands, I'll just stick to zebralights. Better everything in my opinion. But get what you can afford. It will pay itself off if it doesn't fail.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like ZL. Just wish they had USB charging or something similar.

Enlightened

Take a look at this one I reviewed here
    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...lood-COB-18650
    For less than $20 it's a great light fo around the house.
    The pure flood beam is a joy to work with.
    All the Best,
    Jeff