Bike light and flash light, are they same to use ?

chenmiao

Banned
Is a high powerful flashlight work the same way as bike light?

So can I use flash light as a bicycle light?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use a flashlight as a bike headlight IF it's legal in your area, but dedicated headlights are much more ideal for the user and for motorists as they have specially tuned optics to shine more where a cyclist needs it and not in oncoming driver's eyes. The mounts on dedicated lights are much better too.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is a high powerful flashlight work the same way as bike light?

So can I use flash light as a bicycle light?

It would help if you could show us a photo or tell us what light as some are specifically designed for the road and not as suitable as an all arounder but if it's all you have there are ways to make it work for both

Keitho

Enlightened
I use flashlights as bike lights all the time--it helps me feed my flashaholism by giving me another reason to "need" another flashlight! I have strong preferences related to tint, beam shape, CRI, price, and efficiency; and, find that I can scratch my itch better with the selection of flashlights than with bike lights. For single-cell 18650 and 21700 handlebar lights, the cheapest mounts on 'zon work just fine; for a helmet light, an over-priced mount from Exposure has worked for all of my 1" light bodies for years.

As with any powerful tool, don't use it poorly and ruin it for the rest of us by strobing or blinding other trail and road users!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A flashlight can be used as a bike light and bike light as a flashlight. But a headlamp works great for both! My standard light for cycling is a headlamp. It's always illuminated at the direction I turn my head. And in a crossing motorists become aware of me when I turn my head to check the road. So I think a headlamp is even better for cycling than a dedicated bike light.

Latest posts