Prometheus        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malkoff wish list.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Malkoff wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    If there were an adjustable pot on the ring you WOULD be able to make any adjustments you need/want before you set out.

I didn't explain clearly enough....Probably because my thoughts aren't perfectly clear on the matter. I'm thinking that I don't want to introduce additional complexity to potentially life saving equipment. My main emergency lights are single mode...I only have 2 hi/lo ring lights from Malkoff. So it may be fun to have the option in one piece on a toy light. But for me, the hi lo ring is already pushing it as it is - with MORE variables it's a no go for MY use of Malkoff lighting.

A caveat inducing question because I don't know EE, if the resistor (either the current ones or the "wishlist adjustable one") fell out or malfunctioned, would you have the hi or the lo? If the answer is definite and not either/or, I could plan around it....
    Last edited by bignc; 09-23-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Could simply keep a "plain" retaining ring with your emergency gear

That's what I do anyhow.
    Last edited by archimedes; 09-23-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by bignc View Post
    ......would you have the hi or the lo? If the answer is definite and not either/or, I could plan around it....
    You'd be stuck on High mode.
    P
    I'm looking for a Novatac switch, if anyone has a spare.

Right, you'd be stuck on high mode. With the resistor or plunger switch hypothetically broken, the brass ring would function exactly like the plain aluminium retaining ring. Never seen this happen to a Malkoff, but I've read about something similar with an Elzetta, which uses the same tech.
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Could simply keep a "plain" retaining ring with your emergency gear

That's what I do anyhow.
    Of course. I do as well. My 2 hi/lot lights are never my only.

Flashaholic

PLEASE- donít misunderstand my reservation as a vote against. . I like choices! And thanks for the answers- that helps some. Still would prefer an assortment but maybe I could be on board with adjustable. Iíll leave it to the experts either way!

Oh yeah, and a hi/lo edc sized AAA Malkoff.
    Last edited by bignc; 09-24-2019 at 06:57 PM.

21700 version of the MD2, and MD4. Also, higher lux on a 1x21700 M61HOT with 750 lumens.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I would like a 2D Maglite drop in with a long runtime low mode that comes on with the first press of the switch and then a medium and high. So, basically a Malkoff M361 for a Maglite. I would also like an MD2 drop in with only 2 modes that work with the clicky, much like the Surefire G2X Pro. That is mainly because at work I need one handed operation. I would also like it to have a little more throw than the M61, but more flood than the M61T.

Coming back around to suggest a Hound Dog 18650 with a 219B high CRI emitter. Thinking this would be a grail light, and I'd probably be able to get rid of the rest (Psssh... who am I kidding?! LOL).

While I'd love a high CRI Hound Dog, I don't think the Nichia 219 would produce enough output to satisfy the Hound Dog crowd. Eventually, there will be another option...
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

The original hound dog was an xp-g led!

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    While I'd love a high CRI Hound Dog, I don't think the Nichia 219 would produce enough output to satisfy the Hound Dog crowd. Eventually, there will be another option...
    In that case, yes, one can hope!

Flashaholic*

I'd happily settle for the M361N being in stock.

--flatline

I would like to see a AAA keychain flashlight. That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    I'd happily settle for the M361N being in stock.

--flatline
    Ya I see heís out of a lot of stuff right now.Maybe just maybe heís working on new stuff! Or out GB 91BN set him back.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I was waiting for the M361N also. I bought the MD2 body from the Malkoff site with coupon and Illumn had free shipping (not sure if that still is) and got the Malkoff Devices M361 219B V3. I am very happy with it.

Default Malkoff wish list.

Not that Iím saying Iím wanting one really bad but Iíd damn sure buy it...why doesnít Gene make a WML in the vein of a SF X300 or Streamlight TLR? Like a pistol light I mean.

I wouldnít mind seeing a hi low md2 with a tail switch only for variety. One click High, two for low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RSLSCKBEKLSHKL; 10-06-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLSCKBEKLSHKL View Post
    Not that Iím saying Iím wanting one really bad but Iíd damn sure buy it...why doesnít Gene make a WML in the vein of a SF X300 or Streamlight TLR? Like a pistol light I mean.

I wouldnít mind seeing a hi low md2 with a tail switch only for variety. One click High, two for low.

I think there are drop ins that can do that.

My wish is for an MDC HA AA with a 10/50/100 Lumen mode spacing, it would be much more
    useful at work!

90 deg head, with a McClickey. Revised 18650 body with removable tail cap. get rid of the adaptor, It's the weak link.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

A red light. Either a small AA/AAA with a deep red led or a m61ll with one. Even a red colored lens for the MD2/3/4 series would be good.

Malkoff E2XTD 3.4-4.2v (Extra Throw Direct Drive) with a 21700 body and high/low ring.

An 18350 mdc body

Stacked doughnut MDC 16650 bodies in shrouded and un-shrouded. Been waiting for these for a long time...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

22.3 crenulated head.

Unshrouded standard tailcaps like the z41

Diffused lenses for the mdx heads

18350 mdx body

..Isaiah 54:17...

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead View Post
    Stacked doughnut MDC 16650 bodies in shrouded and un-shrouded. Been waiting for these for a long time...
    +1

Also, a TAC version of the 16650 MDC Head. I HATE having to click three times to get to high first.

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I've said this many times before, but I still want a low voltage, 1x18650 version of the Wildcat. Bonus points for 5000K. A congressional gold medal for 5000K and 90+ CRI.

It doesn't seem too pie in the sky, right? After all, we have a Hound Dog 18650.
    Gene explained to me why this isn't possible a while back and i tried to relay the message. It has something to do with the way the driver works for this particular module. It can be adjusted but you can't have everything you want in this case.
    Your next best bet was the m91bn 5000k from the group buy
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    M361 that is designed to work perfectly with hi/lo ring for six reliable levels...(some apparently work fine...others do not. Mine does not).
    Unfortunately this will never be either. The m361 wasn't designed to end up with 6 modes, it was a freak accident that it's possible on some modules.it has something to do with the forward voltage of the emitters from what Gene has told me.

The m361 always worked for me. My original m361 219b v2 used to work, now it works when it wants to. My 2nd 219b v2 works all the time but tint is slightly different and the output is slightly higher in the low modes. My original would be perfect if it worked. I have heard219b v3 doesn't work but i don't own any yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bignc View Post
    Said it before but hi/lo ring "pack" with different resistors. Or single rings with different resistors. Just thinking of ways to expand options with maybe less work...
    I have an easy solution.... Make special clips for the ring to allow resistor swaps, otherwise you will have to make several up or become friends with the soldering iron
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Or an adjustable hi/lo ring😁
    This would be ideal, kind of like a rotary

I'd love to see h/l for mdc/vme as well as li-ion mdc 123

Being this is your thread and hopes Gene will see it, may i suggest you place the ideas in a list within your op, for easy access to Gene's eyes?
    Last edited by INFRNL; 04-10-2020 at 02:32 AM.

When I recently spoke to Gene on the New WC he said the 18650 version would be done soon! Now Iím not sure exactly what that means. If he meant 2X18650 or what. But sure sounds like heís making more then one version of it.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I'd love to see a wc 18650. I mentioned to him that it would be a hot seller for our community.

I'm starting to feel like he's messing with us(me). Time will tell. There would be a lot of happy campers if he makes an 18650 version.

A version like the m91bn group buy would be welcome as well, love all the options we have with those. Very versatile modules

The 91ís are extremely versatile. 3-12 volts and good output and runtimes along the whole voltage range.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

A Red 660nm, true blue, yellow-green M61's
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast