HDS Systems        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malkoff wish list.

*Flashaholic*

Default Re: Malkoff wish list.

21700, 21700 and 21700.

That's my wish list.

I run my Hound Dog Super with an extension making it a huge light 3x18650 but a 2x2170 would have the same runtime and be a lot more compact.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

I wonder if there would be many interested in a Malkoff 1AA, but instead of it being L,M,H, it would be H,M,L, like the TAC version of the CR123 light. I use my 1AA light around the house a lot, but I would like one for my job. I would need either the TAC version or single output high though. The first two low modes just aren't useful for me at work, but I want the single AA battery availability. Maybe, a group buy or something if there is enough interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicaeopolis View Post
    I wonder if there would be many interested in a Malkoff 1AA, but instead of it being L,M,H, it would be H,M,L, like the TAC version of the CR123 light. I use my 1AA light around the house a lot, but I would like one for my job. I would need either the TAC version or single output high though. The first two low modes just aren't useful for me at work, but I want the single AA battery availability. Maybe, a group buy or something if there is enough interest?
    What about using a 1AA body with a VME head and M31 module?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck91 View Post
    What about using a 1AA body with a VME head and M31 module?
    That would need 2AA or 1CR123 to run, if I am not mistaken.

She’ll work with a single AA. But not at full power.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Thanks. Maybe I will have to try it. I wonder if anyone has approximate lumens and runtime on an M31 with a single AA. I guess there is not much interest in a 1AA "TAC" or "SHO" version then. The MDC CR123 versions seem to sell well.

Looks like 50-65 lumens for around an hour. Check it out in the runtime thread post 109 or there about.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Thanks again. I looked on the Malkoff site. "The output is approximately 350 measured out the front lumens at 2-3v and 80 lumens at 1.2v. The current draw is 1.3 Amp at 3 volts and 1.7 Amps at 2.4 volts. It is ideal for use with one CR123 primary, two 1.5v AA lithiums, or two rechargeable AA NIMH batteries." I guess it does say 80 lumens at 1.2 volts.

Ya you can probably use a L91 there around 1.7-1.8 volts. Gets you a little more output.

Malkoff Wish List

I would like to see a NEW PRODUCTS tab on his website. As much as I like looking through his products, I find myself looking at everything top to bottom to try to find what is new or upgraded then clicking on a product to see what if any specs are changed.

In addition, every time there is a change/upgrade to his products I would like to see a VERSION or GENERATION labeling . For example , the first M61 with the Cree XP-G would be 1st Gen. His second M61 with the Cree XP-G2 would be 2nd Gen, and his third M61 with the Luminous SST-20 would be 3rd Gen, etc. There could also be a SUB LABEL such Gen 2.1 and 2.2. An example is when the M61 Cree XP-G2 upgraded output from 325 lumens to 450 lumens due what appears to be the current draw being upped from 650mA to 800mA.

Ya it does get confusing trying to figure out what you have doesn’t it.

good idea on the website changes.
    Malkoff Junkie

Flashaholic*

I wish something were IN STOCK. Can't even buy a freaking tailcap or body, much less some nonexistent higher output dropins that would actually make sense of the dropins' mass, weight, and heat transfer, or Li-ion compatibilty with some current regulated MDC models

Well gene makes his stuff to use full time. He could make a drop in with an output of 2000-3000 lumens. Till it stepped down to half that in 3 minutes. It’s not always about the output but how useful and dependable it is. Just my 2 cents.

Flashaholic*

I could have sworn that I'd been using Gene's dropins, then lights, in a rough work environment, and regardless of weather conditions, for up to several hours per night, an average of 6 nights per week for about 12 years now, but thank goodness you're here to explain to me what his flashlights are for

Was commenting on your statement “ nonexistent higher output dropins” and to why he may not make them. 😁

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would LOVE an 18650 hound dog head in 3000k.

Also, I wish instead of a cr123 mdc body, there was one to fit 18350's since it would still take 16340's and cr123's as well. I could use a little extra runtime on my bodyguard in the same form factor.

Being able to run an 18350 on a vme head with the m61 219b drop in sounds like a perfect little edc to me.

An 18350 on a VME head would be nice. As you say not much bigger but way more runtime.

I know there are 18350 bodies out there that are compatible, but I really do like the mdc body and clip

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    21700, 21700 and 21700. That's my wish list.
    Mine is similar: 21700, 21700, 21700 and 21700

With the wildcats and the HD a 21700 just makes sense. 5000 mah VS 3500 mah is a huge difference

Programmable driver would be nice. Something like GuppyDrv with a bunch of options would be cool. I'd even like if they just switched to off time memory on their multimode lights instead of on time memory, which kind of defeats the purpose of having no memory in my opinion.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    Programmable driver would be nice.

Definitely something the MDC lineup needs. The voltage-based(?) levels just kill the total package on those lights.
    Lord, yes. Can you imagine Malkoff quality with Zebralight's UI?
    I just bought a new Zebralight to replace an 8yr old one.
    What I'd rather have had, and would have willingly paid a lot more money for, is a li-ion capable MDC 123 with programmable modes.
    Actually had that last neutral 16650 in my cart several times, but there we go again-lowest mode is 20 lumens.
    The AA is still really tempting for around the house, and backpacking. Since it's out of stock, I can torture myself about that one later!

edit: after reading up on the H17F driver being discussed in the MDC AA thread...add me to the list
    Last edited by Owen; 12-01-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Oh man me too. Having said that, I got an MDC 1AA a few weeks ago and I love it. I can live with the UI though (on time memory - I'm not sure they're all the same).
    I was surprised by how warm (I don't want to call it hot) the light gets at only 80 lumens output after about 10 minutes. My Zebralight doesn't even get any warmer to the touch on its ~110 lumens level. I know it's NiMH vs LiIon, but it's still much warmer than I though it'd be.

Crenellated 22.3. Since Malkoff appears to be moving in the direction of Luminus, perhaps a 1x18650 Wildcat STB90.2. With a crenellated bezel option, of course

Flashaholic*

@adamlau: that would interest me too. 90.2 Wildcat floody beam profile, maybe a 26650 or 21700 body for extra run time; regulated output, Malkoff dependability = “take my money, please!”
    Prometheans #253

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123