Malkoff wish list.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
We all have things we would love for gene to come out with or change. I'm sure he gets on here from time to time and a thread like this just might persuade some changes we want.

I myself would love a variable hi/lo ring. Something that can be adjusted by the user to get them highs and lows right where I want and need them. Anyone else have a change they would like to see?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't you just add/ replace the resistors to do this?

What would I like to see from Malkoff.... hmmm.... I would love an HCRI Hound Dog Super, that would be my ultimate light, I think.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes if you had the skills you could but having it come from the factory like that would be great for those without that kind of knowledge.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dear Santa,
I wish for a single output 219b MDC that will run on a single li-Ion cell.
Thank you, I have been a good boy this year and only pulled my sister's plaits twice.
Yours hopefully,
Peter

Kestrel

Flashaholic
All I'd like is for a continued product focus on the single output modes; Malkoff modules continue to reign for all KISS usage IMO.

Oh, and 5000K color temps, lol. ;)

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
An MDC that takes lithium ion 16340 or 18350, 3 or 4 well spaced modes (something like 3/30/300 or 1/7/50/300), no mode memory, no visible pwm, available with N tint XP-G2 and/or Nichia 219.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh and a ultimate emergency/survival Dropin! One that has a range from 1.5-12 volts so you can run it in any host off any batteries. "Except 4 rechargeable"

bigfoot

Enlightened
Would really, really, really like to see a AAA Malkoff keychain light. Simple, one mode, medium output for longer runtime, powered by a single alkaline, lithium, or Eneloop cell.

I know there's a lot of competition in that space, but it still would be cool nonetheless. And nearly bullet-proof.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yep a. AAA light is obviously on my list but think there's another thread on it so didn't list it. But YES that would be awesome!!

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
For me it would be a single mode single cell Li-ion light that would also be useable with AA's. Something like a 1-4v in Neutral tint that is a regular production item so I'm not afraid to travel with it.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've said this many times before, but I still want a low voltage, 1x18650 version of the Wildcat. Bonus points for 5000K. A congressional gold medal for 5000K and 90+ CRI.

It doesn't seem too pie in the sky, right? After all, we have a Hound Dog 18650.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya. That's a good point. The HD runs fine on a 18650. The wildcat I think draws a little more but should work 🤔

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
MDC AA and M361N that use constant current instead of pulse width management to achieve the Low and Medium output levels. These products are otherwise perfect.

To be fair, Malkoff's PWM is far less objectionable than most other makers. Still, this is a wish list...

--flatline

340pd

Newly Enlightened
AAA but I would prefer a hi/lo ring
For that matter I would prefer all the MDC's have only two modes.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
M361 that is designed to work perfectly with hi/lo ring for six reliable levels...(some apparently work fine...others do not. Mine does not).