Armytek tactical v3 future upgrades for v3.5 /v4 models

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
A week ago I received my first armytek preditor, hopefully get a proper review up shortly once I've really put it through its paces. So far first impressions are very good. Solid build, superb quality anodizing, the reflector is nicely polished and the led is the most centred led I have ever seen on a light.

These lights have been out for a while so figured there will probably be new versions coming out soon and wondered what sort of new features people are hoping for on the next generation.

These are my thoughts:
*bring back the programable features that were on the earlier versions. Why they binned this feature on the v3 I don't know but it's one of the reasons I loved my thrunite lynx with its variable outputs
*better quality tail switch like on the v1s, the new switches feel quite cheap and like they'll let me down in the field
*some kind of battory indicator that's actually useful (thrunite use flashes so you 1 flash per volt then 1 flash per 0.1voldt. So 2.1volts would be flash flash pause flash.you can initiate this at any time ) the one in the preditor I think is something like getting a series of flashes when it's below 25%and that's it, pretty useless when you fist put in a battery and want to make sure its charged
*better access to strobe and low modes (this would be doable with user programming)
*make it easier to buy replacement rubber rings, o rings and grip ring
*higher output - other manufacturers seem to be pushing these leds harder now for more output, over 2000 could be doable
*I don't understand the viking model vs preditor, the viking just has a larger hot-spot but the spill is the same angle so you loose throw but don't really gain anything vs the preditor with the tight hit spot. Would be better to have a much wider spill and hot-spot on the viking and then have the preditor as the thrower light. Viking spill should be around 80%. Keep preditor around 40%
*improved pocket clip that doesn't spin around the flashlight when it's on your hip effectively holding the light in place
*built in charger in the lights

What's everyone else's thoughts?

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
More power, my dobermann xhp35 hi is making about 1300lm, whereas other XHP35 HI lights make near 2000 real lumens

One thing I hate is that tactical UI in my dobermann has memory, I wish it doesn't so would always start in turbo and not in the last used mode (main 2 / turbo)

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
That's my thoughts on the outputs as well, think they are probably maxing out their drivers on the xhp35 leds at 1700 lumens on the pro models. New drivers and they can hopefully push 2300 like on the c2 Pro. Also can't wish hard enough they would do a viking that had a wider spill be ace to have a beam profile like the c2 in terms of spill with.

Does the doberman have memory? I haven't used one but on the preditor models it's a head twist to lock on turbo and untwist to get back to normal modes. Would like user programmable modes. They were rumered to be coming out with something a while ago that was programmable and also v3s that were built in rechargeable but haven't seen anything more on it. Hope they release something soon

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
That's my thoughts on the outputs as well, think they are probably maxing out their drivers on the xhp35 leds at 1700 lumens on the pro models. New drivers and they can hopefully push 2300 like on the c2 Pro. Also can't wish hard enough they would do a viking that had a wider spill be ace to have a beam profile like the c2 in terms of spill with.

Does the doberman have memory? I haven't used one but on the preditor models it's a head twist to lock on turbo and untwist to get back to normal modes. Would like user programmable modes. They were rumered to be coming out with something a while ago that was programmable and also v3s that were built in rechargeable but haven't seen anything more on it. Hope they release something soon

I talk about OTF lumens, not LED lumens, and in my case, measured lumens with an integrating sphere

Both my Dobermann pro & barracuda pro measure 1300lm real lumens in turbo

An acebeam L16 measures 1900lm real lumens in turbo

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
Ah got you. Apparently my thrunite lynx from 2012 (around this time maybe, was when it first came out). Anyway it was supposed to be 1000otf lumens for maybe an hour or so, believe somone on here measured it at 930 otf. To be up to 1300 lumens isn't a huge improvement since then, although there have been a lot of other improvements. Still wonder why they didn't push for 2300led lumens like they did on the c2. It must be the driver, the light should be able to take it and that would put their output right up there with the best of them. Also be a 500+meter throw as well

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have roughly 20 Armyteks. All of which are V3's save for my V2.5 Pred Pro. Here are the only TWO issues that need attention after several years handling them now.

1. Fully potted electronics/driver. What AT semi pots their drivers with is actually a thick goo that is still slightly viscous. I believe THIS is why some people's AT's go on the fritz. The driver/electronics actually can move around in this tar like goo.

2. TAILSTANDING capability. At least offer a tailswitch that allows for this. I have actually never had an issue with the smaller V3.0 switch. I have had zero issues with the 3x as large tailswitch on my V2.5 Pred Pro.