Replacing 6P lens?

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
Hey gang, I have an older 6P head that appears to not have a screw in bezel and instead has the lens glued in place or so it seems. It appears to be a plastic lens and it has a pretty bad haze. Another 6P I have has a crystal clear glass lens, with a screw in bezel ring. Question is, can I replace the lens on the light on the right, and if so what do I want and where do I get it?

yqcKElLm.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a replacement lense kit that Surefire used to make, the Z17. They may have some in stock. Give Surefire a call and see if they can send you one out.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
I only see where Lumens Factory has the glass lens, which won't fit in mine as mine needs a lexan lens. Am I just overlooking it?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hate to say it, but might want to try eBay. Been a couple of times when the world's largest flea market came through with what I was looking for.

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it's the plastic press fit. It is the light on the right in the pic of my first post.

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
Apparently, Surefire doesn't have any lenses, and also doesn't have any gunmetal heads. They are sending me a black head with a glass lens. So I guess I will keep an eye out for Lexan lenses to fix the gunmetal head to match the light. I can only assume the glass would shatter trying to press fit it.