Question about the '19 CX-5 Signature's lights.

64.5vette

Newly Enlightened
I just signed on the dotted line and I am waiting for it to arrive off the boat. I see the IIHS gave the loaded model a "good" score, but what about the headlamps objective performance? (I'm not calling the IIHS subjective, I am just aware they leave the factory aim)

Thanks in advanced

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the question, Do they work? Yes, very well IMHO. Curious, what package did you buy? Sport, Touring, GT, GTR or Signature?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just signed on the dotted line and I am waiting for it to arrive off the boat.
And to see it depreciate 21% as soon as it does! :D

I see the IIHS gave the loaded model a "good" score, but what about the headlamps objective performance? (I'm not calling the IIHS subjective, I am just aware they leave the factory aim)
You're aware they leave the factory aim; you're similarly aware that aim at the factory consists of making sure the lamps weren't installed backwards or upside-down. If you paid a "dealer prep" fee-- make them add value to that by doing a legitimate aim check/fix. If you didn't, just ask them to do it because you just spent $$$ on a car and want to be sure everything is working correctly and safely and all that. It's not like you want a free oil change, which costs them both labor and materials, it's just a small amount of labor.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If you paid a "dealer prep" fee-- make them add value to that by doing a legitimate aim check/fix. If you didn't, just ask them to do it because you just spent $$$ on a car and want to be sure everything is working correctly and safely and all that.

...And then make sure they actually do the job correctly, with an optical aiming machine, and not just shine the lights on a wall.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
...And then make sure they actually do the job correctly, with an optical aiming machine, and not just shine the lights on a wall.
Which means you may have to go and watch. Bring your own eye protection, wear closed toe shoes, and short sleeves. This way they have a hard time keeping you from inspecting the area for "safety" reasons ;)

If you're lucky they'll have the machine, but you'll have an easier time finding a file cabinet full of rifle reports at the shooting range.

64.5vette

Newly Enlightened
Is the question, Do they work? Yes, very well IMHO. Curious, what package did you buy? Sport, Touring, GT, GTR or Signature?

As the thread title says, a signature for the 360 camera.

And to see it depreciate 21% as soon as it does! :D

You're aware they leave the factory aim; you're similarly aware that aim at the factory consists of making sure the lamps weren't installed backwards or upside-down. If you paid a "dealer prep" fee-- make them add value to that by doing a legitimate aim check/fix. If you didn't, just ask them to do it because you just spent $$$ on a car and want to be sure everything is working correctly and safely and all that. It's not like you want a free oil change, which costs them both labor and materials, it's just a small amount of labor.

Seems that on the car the IIHS tested the random-omiter aiming person landed on good enough for a good rating that day. Not saying that ours will come with good aim. This dealer uses the have a lube tech point it at a wall and eyeball it method.

No one in the SF Bay Area seems to have an optical aiming machine. In addition luxury brand dealerships will not touch other brands even for an aim job.

Which means you may have to go and watch. Bring your own eye protection, wear closed toe shoes, and short sleeves. This way they have a hard time keeping you from inspecting the area for "safety" reasons ;)
If you're lucky they'll have the machine, but you'll have an easier time finding a file cabinet full of rifle reports at the shooting range.

See my reply to Virgil. We're several time repeat customers in addition to owning a lemon manual transmission they rebuilt. I can waltz into wherever I want.