Install relays for 99 Toyota Prado

chadwd

Newly Enlightened
I want to upgrade the headlight harness on my 99 Toyota Prado. Can anyone post the circuit for the negative switching?

Cheers
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to upgrade the headlight harness on my 99 Toyota Prado.
:welcome:

I moved your post to a new thread because it was an incredible necropost. With the following google search:
Toyota ground switched relay harness site:candlepowerforums.com
I see one match is to the post you quoted-- and the image link is broken. Sometimes that just happens. But below his post I'd mentioned would save it locally, so I'll see if I have it somewhere and can post it to my webspace (hopefully it's already up there).

I believe there's not a whole lot different between setting it up for a ground-switched and source-switched lamp circuit but I could be wrong.

It's a '99, which means those lamps are 20 to 21 years old depending on when the car was made. It may be time for new (and genuine Toyota) lamps because even the reflectors themselves age, and it's not extremely likely the lenses are good enough to even attempt to polish out.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Toyotas like this aren't just ground-switched, they also require specially-configured relay harnesses with extra components (diodes, resistors, etc) so that the high/low beam switching and the high-beam telltale on the instrument panel will work right.

Last edited: