The Fenix-Store        
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 865

Thread: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

  1. #511

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    I honestly canít afford it but if you made the mule lil vortex somehow put out all 10k lumens, perhaps by thickening the heat sink to push LEDs out more... I may save up the $600 for it fully loaded LOL. Itís that awesome... jeez Vinh what a light!

  2. #512

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  3. #513

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  4. #514

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Beautiful!!!

  5. #515
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,483

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Wow this thread has had a a lot of activity! Love the tritted tail!! I would love to load one with all green trits!!

    #15 SLN should be in my mailbox today after work. I will be the proud custodian of #15 and #31.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  6. #516

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Is it possible to purchase only the tail cap, install all trits, and screw it on a different 21700 budget P60 host that can get all 10k lumens from the LilVortex? Iíd totally do that. It should work as long as the host is a side switch right?

  7. #517
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,483

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Is it possible to purchase only the tail cap, install all trits, and screw it on a different 21700 budget P60 host that can get all 10k lumens from the LilVortex? Iíd totally do that. It should work as long as the host is a side switch right?
    Never seen threads like the SLN, prob cant find a host w same threading.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  8. #518

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  9. #519

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?
    Detectable to our eyes or your lumen measuring tube? And this rendering of the tail cap looks great as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #520

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    So are we talking about a fully loaded tail cap that will cost upwards of $ 250?

  11. #521

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    So are we talking about a fully loaded tail cap that will cost upwards of $ 250?
    It's $168 just for trits parts alone. Installation will be done by someone more professional than me. They will likely charge $50-$75....So yeah....it seems $250 only just cover the trits portion alone and not the price of the tail cap. I imagine most will just enjoy the tail cap side grooves as grips points and the rear slot as an aesthetic design feature. Twisty is also a MUST for ultra high drain P60vn such as LilV for the extra output and reliability. Actually it should make all P60vn brighter. I know for sure I will be carrying the twisty tail cap way more than the clicky as I am a HUGE fan of twisty. I trust the simple reliable operation. I personally cant afford the all decorated tail cap though.
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 11-15-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  12. #522

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    By the way most of the trits slot on lights are 1.5X6mm. This one is about twice as thick and twice as long! Green is VERY bright!

    https://www.mixglo.com/store/p94/T315_3x15mm_Vials.html

    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  13. #523

    Popcorn Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    It's $168 just for trits parts alone. Installation will be done by someone more professional than me. They will likely charge $50-$75....So yeah....it seems $250 only just cover the trits portion alone and not the price of the tail cap. I imagine most will just enjoy the tail cap side grooves as grips points and the rear slot as an aesthetic design feature. Twisty is also a MUST for ultra high drain P60vn such as LilV for the extra output and reliability. Actually it should make all P60vn brighter. I know for sure I will be carrying the twisty tail cap way more than the clicky as I am a HUGE fan of twisty. I trust the simple reliable operation. I personally cant afford the all decorated tail cap though.

    Don't worry Wayne, I personally know the maker of this uber light and I can get you a deal on a fully decked out twisty tail cap! That said, you know I'm in for a twisty cap with some trits!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Zandar; 11-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.

  14. #524

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    I'm just guessing but I'm thinking you can probably pull another 500 lumens out with the white MCPCB.
    Last edited by noboneshotdog; 11-15-2019 at 01:44 PM.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

  15. #525

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    What will the basic color of these twisty caps be?

    Do you intend to have them finished to match the range of SLN color options?


  16. #526

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by Samlittle View Post
    What will the basic color of these twisty caps be? Black

    Do you intend to have them finished to match the range of SLN color options? Likely not but I will think about this.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  17. #527

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    I might just spray mine a shade of gray then to go with my raw light. The color in the image would be fine.

    I suppose I could strip the finish too but I think a shade of gray could be nice - whereas the black a bit harsh.
    Won't know until I see it though.
    Last edited by Samlittle; 11-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.


  18. #528
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?
    Beacuse I was so surprised at the amount of Lumen loss due to the LEDís being recessed, Iím going to say that well actually see a difference of 250-500L. Things like this really go against my intuition at times and thatís why Iím guessing high.

  19. #529

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Beacuse I was so surprised at the amount of Lumen loss due to the LEDís being recessed, Iím going to say that well actually see a difference of 250-500L. Things like this really go against my intuition at times and thatís why Iím guessing high.
    There is really no surprise that there is ~30% output loss in any light from LED Lumen to OTF Lumen. Its just more shocking because now you know about it. But this is noting out of the ordinary for any light.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  20. #530

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    There is really no surprise that there is ~30% output loss in any light from LED Lumen to OTF Lumen. Its just more shocking because now you know about it. But this is noting out of the ordinary for any light.
    I guess the shocking part was that there was so much of a difference with this particular light with the bezel on and with the bezel off. Who would have thought the bezel would make such a difference.

    Is there higher output with the white MCPCB?
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

  21. #531

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    I guess the shocking part was that there was so much of a difference with this particular light with the bezel on and with the bezel off. Who would have thought the bezel would make such a difference.
    Right, the bezel... did we investigate the possibility of highly reflective high temp resistant tape on the inside of the bezel? Or adding an extra copper layer of heat sink to force the LEDs to protrude a few extra mmís so the bezel is less problematic?

  22. #532

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    I think with a silver host, the white mcpcb will make a much bigger difference than with a black host since the light gets reflected from the silver bezel back to the mcpcb whereas black bezels absorbs all light that hits it.

  23. #533
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    There is really no surprise that there is ~30% output loss in any light from LED Lumen to OTF Lumen. Its just more shocking because now you know about it. But this is noting out of the ordinary for any light.
    Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    I guess the shocking part was that there was so much of a difference with this particular light with the bezel on and with the bezel off. Who would have thought the bezel would make such a difference.

    Is there higher output with the white MCPCB?

    Exactly, hotdog! I'm not unaware of differences between LED lumens and OTF lumens. Most of us on this subforum understand how much various reflectors, optics and lenses can effect OTF output. I was however, amazed that 3500L could be lost on a mule in which the LED's were already fairly close to the front of the light. I don't know what the exact depth is or how many fewer millimeters of bezel there would have to be, in order to get another one-two thousand lumens OTF but I'm just saying that this particular example of flashlight physics was a real eye opener for me. It's not something that I would have guessed correctly even if someone told me they'd give me lots of money to nail. I still find it interesting even now and if I had a junk SLN to destroy, I'd start grinding down the bezel 1mm at a time while measuring the output, simply to satisfy by goofy curiosity.. haha.

  24. #534
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    I think with a silver host, the white mcpcb will make a much bigger difference than with a black host since the light gets reflected from the silver bezel back to the mcpcb whereas black bezels absorbs all light that hits it.
    Yes, it's fascinating to consider that such seemingly small changes "could" potentially result in some kind of gain, perhaps even substantial gains. I'm very excited to hear what the results are, even from a scientific perspective. I saw that Vinh had a white board already built so hopefully we'll find out soon.

  25. #535
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    By the way most of the trits slot on lights are 1.5X6mm. This one is about twice as thick and twice as long! Green is VERY bright!

    https://www.mixglo.com/store/p94/T315_3x15mm_Vials.html

    Vinh, I love that you went with this size trit slot! Once I started using 3 & 3.5mm trit tubes, the 1.5 & 2mm seemed so anemic. You can still see the smaller tubes in the dark but the 3mm sizes actually project an amount of light that can be useful.

    One particular little lantern that I have, (I'll see if I can find a picture of it) has 3 x 3x22.5 trits, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 white, and I use it as a night light. It makes the corner of my bedroom glow and casts about 3-4 feet. It's all I use when getting up for the bathroom at night.




    I used to have 3 x greens and it was a little too bright at night, a couple feet from my face, so I toned it back a notch.

  26. #536

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Vinh, I love that you went with this size trit slot! Once I started using 3 & 3.5mm trit tubes, the 1.5 & 2mm seemed so anemic. You can still see the smaller tubes in the dark but the 3mm sizes actually project an amount of light that can be useful.

    One particular little lantern that I have, (I'll see if I can find a picture of it) has 3 x 3x22.5 trits, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 white, and I use it as a night light. It makes the corner of my bedroom glow and casts about 3-4 feet. It's all I use when getting up for the bathroom at night.




    I used to have 3 x greens and it was a little too bright at night, a couple feet from my face, so I toned it back a notch.
    I gotta have that!!! Where do u get the lantern?
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




  27. #537
    *Flashaholic* Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    11,158

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    TEC Accessories

    They come in grey Ti, but I did a HC treatment on mine. I've been trying to work with them to produce a 6 trit model that's the same size as the this one. There's plenty of room between the three existing trits. I'm also working with a local machinist to modify one of mine to hold 6. I'll let you know how it goes.

  28. #538
    Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's Woods
    Posts
    8,018

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Hey Vinh- Any word on the zecond batch? Just curious... =D
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

  29. #539

    Nana Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    Right, the bezel... did we investigate the possibility of highly reflective high temp resistant tape on the inside of the bezel? Or adding an extra copper layer of heat sink to force the LEDs to protrude a few extra mmís so the bezel is less problematic?
    When I first heard from Vinh, on the loss of OTF lumens on my P60 mule , I suggested using that old "High Tech Material" called Aluminum Foil!!!!!
    Last edited by Zandar; 11-16-2019 at 12:52 PM.

  30. #540

    Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

    Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Hey Vinh- Any word on the zecond batch? Just curious... =D

    I just emailed the shop for a ETS. I will update ASAP.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com




Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •