Klarus        
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Thank you, sir. 😁👍
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

All P60vn Mules will benefit from LilV custom extra copper hardware.
    Quad Mules are much cheaper than LilV and with LEDs near the center there are less output lost. Heat should be much less too. :-)

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Red White & Blue

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Do you guys want trits slots in the rear? If not we can eliminate that raised portion to make the light overall a little shorter.
    The SLN, as it stands, is austerely beautiful, and all business. There is no extraneous machining, not even knurling. Jony Ive would love it. The twisty tailcap is intended to be even more rugged than the clicky, so it seems that should be reflected in the design aesthetic. But, in the end, I agree with Samlittle that this is your light, Vinh. If you please yourself, I'm sure you'll please your customers.

Assuming the tailcaps will be machined in small quantities, would it be possible to make a few (maybe only one? ) without machining any slots at all, for the purists (and the divers)?

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    The SLN, as it stands, is austerely beautiful, and all business. There is no extraneous machining, not even knurling. Jony Ive would love it. The twisty tailcap is intended to be even more rugged than the clicky, so it seems that should be reflected in the design aesthetic. But, in the end, I agree with Samlittle that this is your light, Vinh. If you please yourself, I'm sure you'll please your customers.

Assuming the tailcaps will be machined in small quantities, would it be possible to make a few (maybe only one? ) without machining any slots at all, for the purists (and the divers)?
    The side slots are primarily a functional detail for grip not trits. They are mandatory for operational not looks. Trits install is just there for those so inclined. The 3 rear trits slots is also a functional design for night identification both on the night stand and under water. Retriveving the light if drop under water, in the woods, sand, or grass will be easier with trits installed. The 3mm ones are Very bright and is not just jewelry. The slots are on their own platform and does not take away from strength. Not installing any trits would be the no fuss tailcap. This tailcap design is also cheaper than our orginal 6 point star design which has an awkward side drill lanyard hole and no pocket clip.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Way more pocket friendly than you would think. Love these lights.

In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Lookin' good!!!
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

I just snuck mine into some product shots....

I must say I was also surprised at how pocket friendly the chonker is as well. Didn't really notice it when I EDC'd it a few days.
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

I wear tight jeans so I sure as hell feel them. I use this light a lot at my second job at a building where I do some maintenance work. I like it on my rear pocket. Surely I am bias but it feels kinda bad ass to draw every time hahah. I enjoy the clicky for sure but I still feel I will enjoy the twisty even more. But who knows. We will see.

Oh once in a while I have the urge to just drop the light on purpose hahahahah. Surely dont have this urge with any other light.

I kinda want the body section to be filled with like 10 Oring grooves so I can leave the first three empty for heat dissipation and fill in the rest for grip....hmmm
    Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 11-19-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I wear tight jeans .....
    You're young. It'll pass.

Oh once in a while I have the urge to just drop the light on purpose hahahahah.
    Seek counseling!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Nana Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

I wear tight jeans so I sure as hell feel them. I use this light a lot at my second job at a building where I do some maintenance work. I like it on my rear pocket. Surely I am bias but it feels kinda bad ass to draw every time hahah. I enjoy the clicky for sure but I still feel I will enjoy the twisty even more. But who knows. We will see.

Oh once in a while I have the urge to just drop the light on purpose hahahahah. Surely dont have this urge with any other light.

I kinda want the body section to be filled with like 10 Oring grooves so I can leave the first three empty for heat dissipation and fill in the rest for grip....hmmm

O rings who needs o rings? Next years turbo headed SBT90.2 ,will have some fantastic cooling fins!!!!
    Last edited by Zandar; 11-20-2019 at 06:09 AM.

P60vn 650.2
    Max 11500 LED Lumen
    Max 8600L in SLN Twisty Proto Shown
    Crazy Bright but of course has hint of purple

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Wow bet that's a nice flooder.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

P60vn 650.2
    ...of course has hint of purple
    I've got to learn an instrument and start a band, just so I can name it "hint of purple." Maybe it will be a Prince cover band...

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Who actually thinks the White MCPCB on LilV will make a lumen difference that is detectable?
    I'm still curious whether there was any effect from the white MCPCB.

Also, any word on the remaining lights from batch one?

Thanks Vinh.

Sorry I was away the last 2-3 days and I am so behind on emails.
    Had some important family matters that needed me my presence.

Some of batch 1 and 2 is machined and done but they are all at the anodizing shop. They told me there is a technical issue they are having at the shop that will add a 3 weeks delay from today. I am so sorry for this....I will update with whatever details I get in as soon as I have it.

White MCPCB and Blue MCPCb shows no noticeable difference with my sphere reading. I compared both at different output levels but still could not conclude anything specific. Therefore its more or less a color preference.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Did you compare it with black host or silver host? Would love to see a comparison between black vs silver too.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Did you compare it with black host or silver host? Would love to see a comparison between black vs silver too.
    Black & silver too did not make any difference that I can differentiate. Variance between LED and circuitry are far greater than these differences. Unless we haev a reflector shape angled reflecting surface I dont think these small changes will make any noticable diff on a mule.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Interesting report. Thanks Vinh.

Black & silver too did not make any difference that I can differentiate. Variance between LED and circuitry are far greater than these differences. Unless we haev a reflector shape angled reflecting surface I dont think these small changes will make any noticable diff on a mule.
    LED and circuitry shouldn't have any effect in this comparison. You test the same exact pill in a black host and in a silver host. The only difference should be the host color. With the black host, I think you said you lost 25% output with the bezel on. With the silver host, I'm curious how much you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    LED and circuitry shouldn't have any effect in this comparison. You test the same exact pill in a black host and in a silver host. The only difference should be the host color. With the black host, I think you said you lost 25% output with the bezel on. With the silver host, I'm curious how much you lose.
    No I tested similar LED set up but it was a different light engine at different times. So yeah...variance in electronics parts is greater than anything we will see with silver or black host.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

In that case, can you test the following setups if you have time so we can see the real difference:
    1) Mule without bezel and glass
    2) Same pill in black host and glass
    3) Same pill in silver host and glass

This would be a fair and direct comparison.

The 6x 60.2 is my fav setup spec so far. Are you even offering this as a spec currently? What is a 60.2 anyways? First time hearing of it. More lumens than the quad. And less lumens loss compared to the lilv. What would be perfect would be a 7 emitter like the eo7vn and the mt07vn. Only if you can put that 7th emitter where you have the wires coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    The 6x 60.2 is my fav setup spec so far. Are you even offering this as a spec currently? What is a 60.2 anyways? First time hearing of it. More lumens than the quad. And less lumens loss compared to the lilv. What would be perfect would be a 7 emitter like the eo7vn and the mt07vn. Only if you can put that 7th emitter where you have the wires coming out.
    I think it was six 50.2 emitters.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    The 6x 60.2 is my fav setup spec so far. ITS BRIGHT alright! Too bad 3V 50.2 only comes in 6500K and 6000K. I gotta try the 6000K. hopefully it will take out of the the purple.
    http://kaidomain.com/3V-Cree-XHP50_2...arch=50.2%203v

Are you even offering this as a spec currently? Yes its on my P60vn sale page on SkyLumen

What is a 60.2 anyways? 6*XHP50.2

First time hearing of it. More lumens than the quad. And less lumens loss compared to the lilv. Nah not less loss. It just make more lumen. Also draw extremely high current so a twisty tail cap is neded. All clicky will melt on turbo for long runs.

What would be perfect would be a 7 emitter like the eo7vn and the mt07vn. Only if you can put that 7th emitter where you have the wires coming out. hah I suppose we can do that. I just need to drill to diagonal holes. But it is worth it? Hmmmm
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

How far out are the extension tubes, do you think? Can't wait to have a super chonk!
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011

List of my lights!

[QUOTE=dotCPF;5350389]How far out are the extension tubes, do you think? Can't wait to have a super chonk![/QUOTE

Make that two, I'm right there with you dot!

Yes having 7 emitters will be worth it!lol When have we ever here not wanted more lumens.haha since the 60.2 will only work for twisties, maybe a diver would like 7x? If they underwater, heat is no issue. Maybe the runtime would be issue hah
    especially 7x xplHi or w2,w1 would be awesome!

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast