NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Default Re: Sky Lumen Nguyen Pre-Order & Serial Reserve

Batch 1 is sold out. Thank you all for your dear support!!!!
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Outstanding, Vinh. Way to go.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Serial 000 SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    You guys are so wonderful!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Serial 000 SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    You guys are so wonderful!
    000 & 027!

Wow! Talk about a couple of lights with an insane amount of Sky Lumen, Youtube and CPF history! I can't wait to see how the polish and clear anodizing looks. You might have to post a picture or two, even before I get it in my hands.

Thank you again Vinh, for all of your hard work in making the SLN happen! A special thank you to Phuong for being such an incredible help throughout this process. Lastly, I know that Vinh wasn't alone in the design and manufacturing and I want to thank everyone else who helped make SLN a reality. Vinh has mentioned you all at various times during the process and you know who you are.

Congratulations again Vinh! Now, no more foolin' around in the forum, you've got lights to build!

Big congratulations to you, Vinh, and also to all those that scored one of these awesome lights!

I had a difficult time deciding what emitter(s) to go with, but ultimately settled on a W2 triple. Would have gone quad W2 or W1, or even smooth reflector W1.1, but I really wanted one of those green glow gaskets!

What did you all pick?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post
    Big congratulations to you, Vinh, and also to all those that scored one of these awesome lights!

I had a difficult time deciding what emitter(s) to go with, but ultimately settled on a W2 triple. Would have gone quad W2 or W1, or even smooth reflector W1.1, but I really wanted one of those green glow gaskets!

What did you all pick?
    I haven't decided on what light engine I what from Vinh yet, I think my first HAIII light will have a Malkoff M361 219b v3 in it. Seems to go right along with the theme of SLN. I'll also probably be using it as a host for my P60vn w1.1. I'm feeling something with W2 in the works, maybe a triple.

Is there any throw advantage to the triples over the quads?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDissent View Post

What did you all pick?
    Believe it or not, Iíve never owned a P60 or a P60 host, so these are uncharted waters. I went with the Quad W2 which seems like it should provide a pretty good mix of output and throw.

With these P60s, how simple is it to swap out one for another in your host? Would it be a trivially easy matter to switch back and forth between this and a single emitter reflectored P60 for times when I want to maximize throw?
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    this is already a fiasco.í
    I apologize, everyone, for overreacting last night. It looks like anyone who wanted in on the first batch was able to do so. So allís well that ends well. And congratulations, Vinh, on a successful launch!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    I apologize, everyone, for overreacting last night. It looks like anyone who wanted in on the first batch was able to do so. So allís well that ends well. And congratulations, Vinh, on a successful launch!
    Classy move. Glad you got the serial number you wanted.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Nice thing about P60...drop in! I'm starting with a high-CRI mule, but will probably follow up with a thrower of some kind pretty soon. I never got into P60 stuff before, so I might have to post a WTB for a cheap host to hold a spare P60vn drop in while my SLN is using the other one!

The sale was successful Way Beyond what I expected. Weeks of losing sleep and working way overtime paid off. Batch one is sold out and now even into Batch 2. You guys really really help jump-start this launch. With this positive launch I can continue on future visions for this platform. As you guys knows my YouTube vids only get like three hundred views which is nothing. When batch two comes out I will save one and send to this YouTuber with 2 million subscribers to be shot at for more exposure. I believe this is an excellent light and I really want to get it out there. I understand that most intentionally bought SLN just to support me. To that my team and I owe a great depth of gratitude. I have total confidence in SLN and I can't wait to get everyone's feedback here. Cheers!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Also not sure if u guys noticed but I lowered the prices on P60vn for this launch and I even add 10% discount on top for SLN buyers to makes things a little easier to bear since the SLN host did cost a kidney. $135 for a 12LED extra copper P60vn is rock bottom price that I could offer. Especially when the copper shell is made in USA with Nickel plating. Same shop will be doing the excellent mill work!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I can also guaranteed that SLN 7075 price will never fall below 250 unless some magic happens. Believe me when I say you guys are getting this host at very close to my cost.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Now it's time to get working on those P60vn for the lights ordered. Will put extra attention to detail to make sure these are built RIGHT to make it worthy of of our Bulletproof host :-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

And I am pretty sure most of us recognized all the little details and what you have done for us. We really appreciate it and are grateful for what youíve given us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sproing View Post
    And I am pretty sure most of us recognized all the little details and what you have done for us. We really appreciate it and are grateful for what youíve given us!
    +1

I think $250 is a crazy bargain for what we are getting. Low production, incredibly heavy-duty, Sky Lumen product? Yeah, everything about this is awesome. What we have here is SkyLumen's entry into the realm of Malkoff and Oveready.

I join everyone else here in pure ecstasy to be apart of this. I do need to pick up a light engine or two, but alas the second host will be eating those funds for now.

I can't wait to order a low serial number of the SLN Ti and another of the SLN Cu...

an SLN Cu is coming ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keitho View Post
    I can't wait to order a low serial number of the SLN Ti and another of the SLN Cu...
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    an SLN Cu is coming ?
    Why do you guys want it in Cu?! Its already 11.5oz fully loaded. Cu will likely make it 2 lbs ahhahahah
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Congrats! The first batch is sold out.

Flashaholic

Now it's time to get working on those P60vn for the lights ordered. Will put extra attention to detail to make sure these are built RIGHT to make it worthy of of our Bulletproof host :-)
    Iím very happy to hear how well the initial sale went for you and your team. Itís exciting to think about what the future holds for this project.

For those of us who are new to P60 drop-ins, whatís the procedure for swapping out P60 modules in the SLN host?
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    I think $250 is a crazy bargain for what we are getting. Low production, incredibly heavy-duty, Sky Lumen product? Yeah, everything about this is awesome.

I join everyone else here in pure ecstasy to be apart of this....
    +1

Why do you guys want it in Cu?! Its already 11.5oz fully loaded. Cu will likely make it 2 lbs ahhahahah
    That's why I want a SLN with Cu head, 7075 body, HC Ti tailcap, 12 mixed, high CRI led mule, full polish!

That crazy thing is, I'm not even joking! Besides it's lighter than all Cu.

Quote Originally Posted by Newlumen View Post
    Congrats! The first batch is sold out.
    Thankssssssssssssssssss. I finally had a good night sleep without any interruptions like the other nights.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Iím very happy to hear how well the initial sale went for you and your team. Itís exciting to think about what the future holds for this project.

For those of us who are new to P60 drop-ins, whatís the procedure for swapping out P60 modules in the SLN host?
    I will make a video for this. For now...

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

I will make a video for this. For now...

Thanks, Vinh.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

It's as easy as spinning off the bezel at the head while being mindful to not let the lens fall out. The drop in will almost fall into your hand when tipping it over. Be sure not to get any fingerprints on the reflector. Take out the drop in put the new one in and carefully put the bezel and lens back on.

It's almost as easy as replacing the flashlights battery. The drop in will practically fall into place with almost no adjustments.

I think Vinh likes to wrap the drop in with aluminum foil for better heat transfer. There are instructions for this on his drop in sales link at his store.

You can probably find a video on changing a drop in on You Tube as well.
    Last edited by noboneshotdog; 09-26-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Ooops, beat me to it.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast