Help me with H3 bulbs

the13bats

Newly Enlightened
Im trying to learn what to look for to swap out the halogen bulbs in my fog/driving lights to LED the base is pk22s
a while back i ordered a cheap pair off ebay and they are about as bright as a stock incandescent turn signal lamp,
so i just use them as marker running lights,

i was looking for an led that is as bright as the 55 watt halogens,

i see some led 55w h3 bulbs on ebay but will they be as bright?

thanks for schooling me on this

cheers
b

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Best to invest in an LED designed fog light.

(Moderator edit: Removed Rule 11 violation)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im trying to learn what to look for to swap out the halogen bulbs in my fog/driving lights to LED the base is pk22s
a while back i ordered a cheap pair off ebay and they are about as bright as a stock incandescent turn signal lamp,
Lamps for forward lighting that use halogen bulbs must continue to use halogen bulbs. There are no safe, legal, or effective LED "bulbs" available for this application.

Put H3 bulbs back in, and use the lamps properly. Fog lamps are only for use in the fog, at night, and at sub-25mph speeds. They are not "daytime running lights". They are not "marker lights". They are fog lamps and fog lamps only. They should be off in the daytime and in clear weather, and not turned on unless the conditions really warrant it. Driving around with them on all the time does not "look cool" and just helps ensure that the time you genuinely *need* your fog lamps that one or both bulbs will be burned out.

And yes, while you might see many references to "fog/driving lights" all over the place, the functions (fog vs. driving) are mutually exclusive. A "driving light" is an auxiliary high beam, to be used away from other traffic, in clear weather, and (typically) at higher speeds.

Last edited:

Mr. Merk

Newly Enlightened
Daniel Stern Lighting has 55W Narva Plus+50: $31.18/pair

Would that be a good choice for him? I just stuck a pair of standard Philips H3 in mine but wish I would've purchased those from Daniel while I went to the trouble of replacing them.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic

Easy: Don't. So-called "LED bulbs" are not safe, effective, or legal, because they do not (cannot) work -- period. This is true no matter what brand they are, no matter what claims are made for them by the seller, and no matter how many ignorant "recommendations" you might find on the internet.

No, it doesn't work this way. We don't get to just decide what a lamp is. Either it works properly, the way it was designed to work (then it's whatever kind of lamp it was designed to be) or it does not work and is not actually a lamp of any kind, then it's an unsafe trinket.