Dewalt cordless flashlight

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
not sure where to put this one, just wandering if anybody has had any hands on experience with this one. I just sold myself to dewalt and invested in alot of their cordless tools and in the efort to streamlign what i carry with me on jobs i was wondering if anybody has any experience with these the technolgy seems to be in a place where this could be practicle if not now soon. Part number is DCL079B. Thx

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I haven't seen that one, but I'm thinking at max output you will get about 2 hours off a 5-6Ahr battery if that much

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Thanks again for reply. I'm using their 12ahr battery
perhaps 5-6 hours then on high. Most likely there is some runtime listed somewhere on that light on high using a known size battery.
After reading reviews on Amazon I am going to reestimate about 6-8 hours on high using a 12Ah battery. I also noticed some folks were having issues with broken hinges or legs or something so may want to closely inspect them for cracks and manufacturing defects.

Last edited:

JasonOk

Newly Enlightened
Update: i picked one of these up and using my 12 amp hour battery. On just low using it in a house i'm remodeling it lights up a 300 square foot work area very nicely. I can extend it all the way to ceiling (8ft) and let the light bounce down so i don't turn around into the full force of the light. Battery barely dropped charge after several hours use.
Is it worth buying a light battery and charger just for this probably not there's corded options cheaper but if you already are invested in the cordless dewalt products its a win. You don't have to worry about cords or finding a power source just set it where you want select the light output and go to work, and you can move it as you move about the jobsite without dragging cords around