RIP Sid Haig (Capt. Spaulding)...

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
The horror legend Sid Haig who was best known for playing the evil but hilarious Capt. Spaulding in Rob Zombie's movies, House of 1,000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects and his upcoming movie, 3 From Hell, passed away. He was 80.

48791789176_d40cc7e40c.jpg

RIP Capt. :bow:

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened
House of 1000 Corpses was genuinely unnerving for me first time seeing it, even as a fan of horror. Great actor, he will be missed.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i hate all them films but he seemed like a cool fellow. ony horror i like is the kind with no gore at all. like the movie coma or outbreak

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
House of 1000 Corpses was genuinely unnerving for me first time seeing it, even as a fan of horror. Great actor, he will be missed.

Same with me...I saw it in a theatre when it came out, and a bunch of people walked out, but I was riveted. Seems like it was just the two of us left when the lights turned on, and I don't know if people left because they didn't like it, or it was just too much for them, lol.

No love for horror movies. My folks would take us to drive in-movies as a kid in the mid 60s. One night I think we were at Lenny Bruce (1967) and some other movie (often double features in those days). During intermission they showed the trailer for "Two Thousand Maniacs". I was five. Scared the CRAP out of me and left an impression till this day. It was traumatic. I'm all grown now and am not scared by almost anything, but the memory of that disturbing event still haunts me.

It didn't help matters that my dad would get blitzed on a pint of whisky and a 6 pack of Coors. He and my mom would fight the whole time. I love my life, but don't miss childhood in the least. :eek: :thumbsup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
He seemed like a great guy. Just not a fan of the horror movies he was in. Rob Zombie loves to beat the audience over the head with gore, then genuinely wonders why his movies aren't huge box office money-makers.